Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Abnatha's Toy Soldiers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am new to the forums here and figured I should start off by making a thread to collect some of my efforts in 6mm sci fi.  Much of my work has been over the span of the last two years and I will open my thread up with pictures of my first two armies that I started working on.  The following pictures are both from Microworld Games with the first being the Foundationists and the second the Lizard Riders.

I have done quite a bit more work than these, including some models from Sayiner Micro Toys, Angel Barracks, and Reaper’s CAV.  As Time goes on I will add more photos of my work to this thread.

Participant

Cool !!!

Participant

Those are some nicely painted minis.
    I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Nice to see that microworld PA make an appearance, they’ve been on my radar for quite some time but this is the first I’ve seen them next to some other figures, your pic has now put them on my to buy list 😉

What rules are you using with these?

Participant

For rules I have Laserstorm and KR16 as my primary options.  I was pledged on Polyversal and was really hoping it would be a success, hopefully they’ll get it on the second time around.  Alternatively I purchased the PDF for GDW’s Striker recently but I have yet to read it, though as a fan of GDW in the 90s I have high hopes for it.  With all that said I lack an opponent currently so I haven’t gotten to sit down and really give any rule sets a proper run.

Much love.

Participant

That is some beautiful work.

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline

Participant

Thanks guys, The compliments are much appreciated.

My other main project for 6mm is primarily using the models from Sayiner Micro Toys with Angel Barracks RDF infantry.  I recently added a CAV model to my selection and may pursue other models to add more variety as I move forward.  The only thing out of place in this picture is the CAV model, currently it has a gloss finish but I will be giving it its final matte coats tomorrow.

Second photo is a close up for better detail on the infantry.

Participant

Some very, very nice work on display 🙂

Participant

Truly lovely work! I love small force groupings at this scale – what other people might do at 15mm scale, if small unit stuff were still a thing instead of skirmish. It’s pretty rare these days.

I have also recently rediscovered Striker and though I haven’t yet played it I’m enthralled by its gritty, realistic flavor. If you’re in the United States we should try a game – you’d be the OTHER person who plays it!

Participant

Thanks you, Mr Average. I am stateside located in AZ, I may be able to work a road trip in during the summer if you are near the southwest.

Participant

Unfortunately, I’m in New England. Oh, well. I will still like to hear what you think of Striker – I have some excellent additional materials for Striker (errata and such) sent to me by a Traveller writer, and would be happy to share them if you’d find them useful.

Participant

Beautiful work !

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Participant

I would be interested in the Errata, My email is [email protected].  Too bad our distance is so great, currently my only hope for 6mm sci fi here is to recruit new players into the hobby or convert 28mm folks to 6.

Thanks Ali, it feels good to get positive compliments from the maker of some of my miniatures…also thank you for making such awesome models.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.