Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author

Honestly, I can’t wait to order the guy on the right hand side, they’re all great but I can see so many uses for him.

What this dude?

Participant

On the left ‘Blue Raja’

In the middle John Wayne/Genghis Khan

Kate Bush Experiment IV.

That’s a good thing!

Nice stuff Mike.

Honestly, I can’t wait to order the guy on the right hand side, they’re all great but I can see so many uses for him.

What this dude?

That’s him! One to be accompanied by a Xyston Scythian warrior woman as a sort of explorer/wizard and one to have some gubbinz added to as a space colonist. Great miniature – I love weird headwear.

Xyston Scythian warrior woman

Pics?

Done a test cast of my pillars, ruined temple antics ahoy!!

Participant

Looks good.

Not on the painting desk yet but it’s the archer lady out of this pack,

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Xyston/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_3_68_69&products_id=254

Tell you what, that packs well worth buying anyway – the lady holding a child is a BRILLIANT model.

Ha, yes, she is pretty cool.

Getting closer HEROES AND VILLAINS

Participant

They look lurvely.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Gonna need some cultists to go with them.  Armed and unarmed would be cool along with some temple guards.

Participant

Yes, must have them !!!

Love the skintone on the sorcerer, what paints did you use if I may ask?

Yes, must have them !!! Love the skintone on the sorcerer, what paints did you use if I may ask?

All flesh tones started with a Coat d’Arms base flesh, then had various washes and shading and highlighting added, so in all fairness they are kind of home made from various shades but started as CDA 213.

I am thinking about some sort of ruined temple where the heroes can be attacked by the undead minions of some terrible cult.
    The heroes have to fight their way past the undead guardians and defeat the high priestess before she summons something too diabolical to comprehend?

Disney Princess pen not included…

Participant

Disney Princess pen not included…

Well the priestess is trying to summon something truly diabolical…

I like where you’re going with this, very evocative.

I like where you’re going with this, very evocative.

Cheers, so here is the first trial run of the tile and column layout.
    It will be a multi part model.
    The floor, the dais and the columns.

That looks ace, exactly the kind of thing that fits the setting.

Participant

All you need now is some braziers and the scene is set for some heroic thwarting 🙂

Participant

I just painted up the same “Conan” figure you are using today, along with a bunch of other Coppelstone barbarians, and I realized something: none of these mightily-thewed bare-chested warriors have nipples! The topless female characters do, but none of the men! I thought something was odd-looking about my figures! 😀

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

I just painted up the same “Conan” figure you are using today, along with a bunch of other Coppelstone barbarians, and I realized something: none of these mightily-thewed bare-chested warriors have nipples! The topless female characters do, but none of the men! I thought something was odd-looking about my figures! 😀

Maybe the sculptor was trying to stay true to the source material? The male nipple is seldom greatly in evidence in Frazetta’s pictures (it seems to disappear amid the muscle):

Bit of progress

Participant

Could be. I never thought of the Frazetta connection. I wonder what his problem with male nipples was? Or was it a censorship issue? All those veins and no nips… Was Frank trying to tell us something? 🙂

Participant

I think it would be absolutely hilarious if Mark Copplestone did a 15mm line of Nazis based on the oeuvre of Tom of Finland. Along with my much anticipated “Desert Peach” figure for Flame of War players. My wife is finding these barbarians a laugh riot. Many references to Rocky Horror Picture Show are flying around the living room.

So the ruined temple floor has nice square tiles on it, and I am thinking about the positioning of the pillars.
    Do they look best right up against the edge of the floor area:

or sitting in the middle of the 4 squares:

The top one gives more space inside the temple proper but the bottom one looks nicer?

The actual pillars will be separate bits but there will be some ruined ones which have collapsed and are on the floor and are part of the integral base.

Participant

I think sitting in the middle of the four squares looks better.  Ideally I think people need to be able to hide behind them or use them as cover.

Participant

Middle of the 4 squares looks best.

Another vote for middle. How imminent are the figures? Want to order a few bits from you but may as well wait until they’re available too.

Middle it is!
    I have just sent an e-mail to the casters to find out, I know the tins (masters needed to make a production mould) are all done…

Should be able to take pre-orders on the figures toward the end of next week.
    Shipping a week or two after that.

🙂

Participant

Loos great AB, I might just get one for my 6mm fantasy, it will be huge! But that way you can fit all sorts of big monsters in it 😉

Loos great AB, I might just get one for my 6mm fantasy, it will be huge! But that way you can fit all sorts of big monsters in it 😉

dude that is Epic!

Participant

Turns it into a proper hall, you could hide a dragon in there, or maybe a big demon 🙂

Love that! I might start looking for 28mm terrain too!

Should be able to take pre-orders on the figures toward the end of next week.
    Shipping a week or two after that.

🙂

That’s great news, cheers!

What do we think, with or without the slab thingy on the top?

(It will be a separate piece, just not sure on the look)

Participant

I’d say no to the slab.  It makes it look like you are setting up for a game of Jenga. The rest is looking good though.

ha ha, bugger, I should have used a Jenga block, would have saved some time!

Participant

Getting closer HEROES AND VILLAINS

I reckon I could use some of these for a Stargate SG 1 game; some kind of Jaffa.

Participant

If you do, make the piece as wide as the capitol, and have relief work sculpted onto each side!

If you do, make the piece as wide as the capitol, and have relief work sculpted onto each side!

If it is as wide, how would the one next to it fit on?
    Surely they need to have that space for the next block?
    Assuming I have my terminology correct..

Participant

Well, it all depends upon what this structure actually is meant to be and how the roof is/was supposed to be designed, if it had/has one.  Stone or wood?  Peaked?  Flat?  Open?

I could totally get all sorts of pedantic here, as architecture is my day job, but I don’t want to be “that guy”.  Here’s a little article that gives an intro to some Greek design explanations that you can take and really run with: link

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.