Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 2,367 total)
  • Author
    Stroezie
    Participant

Ha Ha, again I ignored you!

Well in that case, feel free “not” to give me a huge discount on my next order from you. 
    I han’t thought the stacked wall thing throug, it makes sense when you look at it like that.
    And as an added bonus you can now more easily hang a sign above your gate too.

Cheers,
    Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Rhoderic
    Participant

There’s also the multi-scale argument in favour of higher posts. They’ll still look quite sizeable in 28mm, and with the stone “bricks” being as large as they are, there’s nothing else to make these pieces appear out-of-scale in 28mm. Obviously the walls themselves will only be about chest-high in that scale, but there’s still plenty of uses for chest-high walls.

The regularity of the stonework is a plus. When I’ve bought irregular-stonework resin walls from other manufacturers in the past, I’ve been disappointed to find they’re all just duplicates of the same sculpt, which looks bad on the tabletop. With your walls, duplication of the pattern should (hopefully) not be a problem.

Angel Barracks

Desert Tent coming soon:

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Looking good, AB!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

A bit late to the party here, but the wall looks a little short.  Looks as though even 15mm figures can easily climb on up.  Maybe 3 rows high instead of 2 (.. now that you’ve molded it…)  Or is the wall just intended to mark the boundary and keep the free roaming cattle from getting out?

The tent looks fab!  Maybe some tassels and fringe on the tent for the important fella?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Angel Barracks

Hi, just boundary walls really.
    Though as noted above there will be an additional section of plain 2 brick high wall without the slabs so you can stack them up!
    The pillar is 5 high so that you can stack 2 walls to 4 high and still have the pillar stand proud…

😀

Stroezie
    Participant

Liking the look of that tent,I think it would fit in great with Baueda‘s offerings for a nice little desert nomad camp .

Angel Barracks

Interesting, I was curious how they scaled together given my way of making things for skirmish games with based figures rather than for armies and true to scale or even downsized a bit.

Some crude layouts:

Angel Barracks

Oh yeah, not really of note but what the heck…
    I am currently using some gold coloured metal dice for Erland in the games, but I just recently ordered some hand carved bone dice to use instead.
    I will also re-jig the character cards to make them a bit more ‘authentic’

Rhoderic
    Participant

I will also re-jig the character cards to make them a bit more ‘authentic’

Who’s blood will you be using to spatter them with? 

Angel Barracks

First attempt, not happy but not sure why…

Dice are here!!

Angel Barracks

hmmmm actually they print out pretty nice..
    I may leave them as is…

Unless Strozie says to leave them too, in which case I will change them!   

Stroezie
    Participant

Tempting, tempting 

but no….

Gone Fishing
    Participant

As a complete luddite I tend to be easily pleased in these things. Having said that, I love ’em! Not sure what you’d want to change: all the pertinent information is there (have to love CROM! Just one number!), they show off the figures nicely with no distracting fiddle-faddle…Yep, well done.

Nice looking dice too!

Angel Barracks

With or without the splatter?

Rhoderic
    Participant

You know I’m going to say “with” 

Angel Barracks

Blood splats and Sorcerous Manifestations!

telzy amber
    Participant

They look very good

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Yes.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

That looks just right, keeping the splatter on Erland is definitely the right choice!

Rhoderic
    Participant

I still can’t get over the name Erland, though… 

Angel Barracks

Doing some special cards now…

jagannath
    Participant

Can’t wait for the minis to arrive (got my fingers crossed it might be today!). The tent looks fantastic, really useful. Thanks for the diagram too – I’ve almost bought the Baueda one a couple of times, but I think it might be a touch small (Baueda’s buildings look to have that compressed groundscale thing going on – comes from being DBA-centric I suppose).

Your cards looks grand btw.

jagannath
    Participant
    Angel Barracks

Yeah baby!!

😀

This is tedious and slow going, but my new cards are much better than my old:

They will be stored with my bone dice in this:

LINK

Gone Fishing
    Participant

While I thought the old cards looked perfectly good, I now see the error of my ways: these are infinitely better. Very nice work. And that storage box is deeply tempting. Does it look as good in real life as in the photo? (From the positive reviews I gather it does.) Might have to pick one of those up!

Angel Barracks

I am not yet in possession of the box, it has been added to my Xmas list   😀

Krieghund
    Participant

Inspirational stuff, you can’t beat a good Sorcerous Manifestation.

Ever thought of teaming up with the Tea House chap and doing a Crom boxed set?, rules, dice,cards,mini’s, that sort of thing.

Angel Barracks

I was looking at custom dice and cards, but the cost is quite a lot.
    Besides, the heathen uses 28mm!!   😀

I have done a test cast of the desert tent:

Angel Barracks

The Baueda large tent is £6.00.
    My tent is bigger so it would in theory cost more, but because I love you, mine will be less, at £5.00!

jagannath
    Participant

Stoked, that’s a very useful piece.

Angel Barracks

Started painting it..

telzy amber
    Participant

Your tent is beautiful. Not just in design but the paint is fabulous. Ah ah ah if only I were as talented.

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

Looking good, I assume the stripes will go all the way around?

jagannath
    Participant

Lovely painting AB – that’s going to look great.

Angel Barracks

Thanks everyone.
    Stripes all the way around, not sure about the cloth that is the door yet, may do something fancy.

Quick status update on things.

Within the coming week I SHOULD have posted the Crom Funders to those that opted to wait.
    I should also have the figures on the website for general sale. (not the terrain items though of course)

The week after that:
    I should have the 2 wall sections (plastered and plain) on the site.
    The gateway pillars on the site (plastered and plain)
    The little pillar things with the firebowls to go on the walls on the site.
    and
    The desert tent.

Stroezie
    Participant

That tent is looking better and better, I’m starting to get visions of a desert nomad camp hmm…

Good to hear about the CROM funder, looking forward to getting my mits on them

About the terrain pieces, I know you said they would be exclusive to the funder but if you wanted to make them available in the store I wouldn’t mind. They are really nice character full pieces, seems a shame to deny them to people just because they missed the funder.

Of course that’s just my opinion, feel free to disregard anything I say(last time, I promise)

Cheers,

Stroezie.

Angel Barracks

Will be on the site very soon.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

It really looks the part, AB. The paint job looks very authentic: so much so one almost expects the flaps to be pulled aside for a glimpse of whatever bounty lies within…

Angel Barracks

It really looks the part, AB. The paint job looks very authentic: so much so one almost expects the flaps to be pulled aside for a glimpse of whatever bounty lies within…

Cheers dude!

Just made the Feat card for Erland, did not need to be a card as it does not go in the CROM! deck, but figured why not!

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 2,367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.