Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,379 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

You get one guess and the first correct guess can have a free one in their next order!

First Pic:

Post your answer in this topic!

Stroezie
    Participant

Is it the much anticipated grain silo type thing ?

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Bill Bartlett
    Participant

Looks like it’ll be an “Ark of the Covenant” piece.

regards, Bill

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Stable?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Rhoderic
    Participant

The fact that it’s raised off the ground does suggest a grain silo to me, also.

Angel Barracks

Bit of a bit more..

cmnash
    Participant

When I saw the first pic I was thinking there would be a bunch of slaves added and it would then be the giant lego brick of doom being transported to a summoning circle to call forth a gargantuan 7yr-old of destruction …

But with the second pic, I’m thinking it’s more likely to be a store for foodstuffs of some sort …

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Ditto what he said!  Haha!

Mike Headden
    Participant

Since my first option is already taken, I’ll have a random guess. I think it might be the furnace for a blacksmith’s forge.

Otherwise I’d have gone with the “storage of some kind” option too.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Angel Barracks

So, clearly we have a winner, just about to start the texture and hopefully will be ready by COB tomorrow…

I had no idea what to make it look like, but figured off the ground for damp/air reasons.
    A little hatch at the bottom to let the grain out, and a stone slab on wooden runners to put the grain in.
    I went for stone on top rather than wood as it is more waterproof, less prone to cracking/splitting, probably a better insulator, and less likely to be blown off

cmnash
    Participant

Is it the much anticipated grain silo type thing ?

Congratulations Stroezie!

Mike Headden
    Participant

Well done Stroezie! A well deserved win!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Angel Barracks

He was quick as a coiled panther springing into action….

I would do the same for my other half constructed item but that is mega obvious..

kyoteblue
    Participant

That is a great looking grain storage silo.

Stroezie
    Participant

He was quick as a coiled panther springing into action….

I have to admit there was a certain, quick type this before someone beats me to it, involved.

I actually feel a bit guilty about it.

That being said, I already had an order lined up so what better reason to pull the trigger on it than this.

Thanks Michael!

Now I really need to get cracking on a decent desert board so I can finally get a game on.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Angel Barracks

After seeing the Jags civilians HERE I decided to order me some of the Black Hat ones.
    Ordered Tuesday, Posted Wednesday, Arrived Thursday.
    Nice.

They are indeed shorter and squatter than say Crom’s Anvil, Magister Militum or Xyston, but that is no bad thing.
    The adults vary from 14mm to 16mm.

Once I have a few painted I will pop them up against others so you can see how they look.

Angel Barracks

Grain Store pretty much done, just a bit of touching up and hopefully into the mould tomorrow.

RRP £3.00

jagannath
    Participant
    Angel Barracks

So…. thinking about some town/city guard models.
    Something that could be used as either goodies or baddies, depending what our heroes are up to.

To keep costs down I will have the sculptor make one master torso and head, and then get this cast and he can make variants by making different arms/weapons.

I am thinking 1 officer, 2 of the same weapon but in different poses and a 4th with a different weapon to the previous.

Can you offer some ideas as to what they should look like?

This is the kind of thing that is close to what I am imagining:

or the guys in this clip:

Private Snafu
    Participant

You’ve seen Splintered Light’s Men of the East?

Angel Barracks

I have, but I am after making some figures, not buying some.

🙂

jagannath
    Participant

I always loved these:

An equivalent to those would make excellent guards.

Private Snafu
    Participant

Just wanted to make sure you were aware of them.  I know you’ll find a market.  Loving the project keep it up, I’m following regularly.

Private Snafu
    Participant

How about some walls for the buildings now?  Something that could turn a building into a walled compound.

Simurgh looks AWESOME!  I want the whole thing.  Once the weather warms up I am going to make my desert mat.

cmnash
    Participant

I always loved these: An equivalent to those would make excellent guards.

Definitely! some sumerian-esque would be great – you could do 4 ass-battlecars & the straddle platform/car/thingies (technical term there!) for the heroes to steal

Angel Barracks

How about some walls for the buildings now? Something that could turn a building into a walled compound.

Will do, next week the grain silo comes out, I am almost done on my Utuseb chieftain hut then will start on the walls.

Angel Barracks

So……. hero characters.
    What sort of pose do you prefer?
    The standard sort of posing pose, or the in action sword swinging pose?

I am asking as I want to get my own pair of hero models made to replace the Copplestone models I am using.

I am thinking maybe the male can be dark haired and muscly and the female say red haired and swift of sword.

Rhoderic
    Participant

So……. hero characters. What sort of pose do you prefer? The standard sort of posing pose, or the in action sword swinging pose?

As long as they don’t look like bored sentries, I have no preferences.

I’m more curious to know if you’re intending to make your hero characters more “kitted up” than the figures you’ve been using, like they’ve been adventuring for a while and picked up some more heroic-looking clothes, armour and weapons along the way. A “Kilt Conan” in the style of newer Conan portrayals (the Dark Horse comics, the 2011 film, the video games, etc.) would be cool. Just saying 

Angel Barracks

I’m more curious to know if you’re intending to make your hero characters more “kitted up” than the figures you’ve been using,

My plan is to make pretty naked models, like loin cloths and so on, so like the ones I am using really.
    Because once I have them it would be cheaper to covert them by adding armour and scars etc than paying for new figures.
    Plus, by using the same basic model the features will be the same, which would be good for the same figure in different clothes.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

If that is your route then you have to be careful with the pose in order to keep everything open for additions.  For instance, a dude holding his sword 2 handed vertically next to his head looks badass, but if you try to add a chest piece it becomes a problem because of one of his arms being across his chest…

Angel Barracks

Grain Store will be on the site next week:

cmnash
    Participant

Grain Store will be on the site next week  

And very nice it looks too! Will have to get me one of them

I can’t say I’m very interested in the period or the scale. However, it is affirming that the site’s editor is a wargamer & modellor: one of us.

The fact that Mike has the same issues & decisions to make re: sourcing figures, which paints, basing etc underlines he knows what his membership is about.

So, pertinent or not, I do like reading these posts.

donald

jagannath
    Participant

Looks good matey, it’s a nice thing!

For heroes, that’s a tricky question because the Copplestone range fills the slot so well.

For me – scantily clad is fine, but not caveman-esque furs (I like Copplestone much more than the Ral Partha barbarians). I’d like to see

A) more ‘equipment’, RPG style (so pouches, knapsacks etc) to help look like they’re on a journey.
    B) more Conan-film style details (horned helmet for example).

Alternatively, a slightly more arabesque theme might be cool – a baggy pant Conan?

Angel Barracks

Cheers all.

Quick Question:

Is there any demand for the Crom’s Anvil products ready painted?
    This can be the scenery and the figures!
    Let me know if you would be interested.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

You know, honestly, there would be an interest for me go get stuff ready painted just so I can get a game on, as I have a lot of projects already in teh spinning plate stack.  How customizable would the schemes be? Or would they instead be a set “theme”, like the red banding you have on your display/game models?

Angel Barracks

I would be very flexible.
    Having said that I would be looking to keep the core colour of the buildings the same, having just stocked up on many bottles of it.

But stripes or no stripes or something else, all do-able.
    Same with figures.

Of course the simpler the scheme the cheaper for you!

😀

Angel Barracks

Working on the chiefs hut, it is bigger than a regular hut.
    It currently has a boar hide on the wall, some shields of fallen enemies and will come with a few skulls to hang off the timbers/put on spikes.

Anything else that it should have?
    Maybe a ring for tethering captives/horses to?

I hope to have it on the site next week.

Sorry for the delay, the rules writing and a gammy throat have slowed my progress.

cmnash
    Participant

Does it have interior detail? And do the other huts have interior detail?

A post with a ring on – for horses/captives – would make a nice extra for the accessory range

Angel Barracks

Interiors are not accessible.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 2,379 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.