Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author

Thanks to one of you and a poop in your next order to the other.

😀

To be fair though, it is not ace, just more practical than before.

Participant

Looks great to me.  I actually like the larger bases.  Just make a couple variations, clusters of one tree, 3 trees etc.  You can even mix rocks and trees, oasis.

What about a cool Mesopotamian tomb entrance?

All in time!

😀

Plan for the Crom Funder!

I am hoping to be able to do one without the exclusive resin scenery.
    All being well there will be 5 different sculpts.

Erland
    Eydis
    Simurgh guard with spear
    Simurgh guard with sword
    Simurgh guard with sword 2

I will be selling them all as singles on the site, and again in the popular packs.

Guard pack:

3 guards with spear
    3 guards with sword
    1 guard with sword 2
    £4.50 for the guard pack (7 models would normally be £5.25) and £1.50 for both the Heroes.

Making the basic pledge £6.00 plus postage.
    So that would be £7.50 for the UK
    So that would be £9.00 for the EU
    So that would be £10.00 for the ROW

That would get you 9 figures in total.

The Target would be £100.00 again.

Clearly you will want to see the figures before buying, but all things being equal what do you reckon?

Participant

I’m up for that, obviously seeing the figures first as you say, but the plan seems good to me!

I’m in! Simurgh guards in similar style to Ali and bodyguard? i.e could they be one faction?

I’m in! Simurgh guards in similar style to Ali and bodyguard? i.e could they be one faction?

Turan style types.

I am messing about with the streets and market wares and am wondering what to do.

I think there are enough generic pots/pans/basket wares.
    I think maybe now a carpet seller, with some flat rugs and some rolled up ones that lean against the walls.

One thing that has become apparent from doing my little mock up, is that I need some taller buildings, that way I can have awning type things that people can fall onto from above, roll off and land safely on the floor.

Participant

One option would be a couple of smaller structures that you could use as first floors on the existing buildings, or as small shacks.

It is almost like you read my mind.

😀

So whilst wondering about a carpet seller stand thingy, I got distracted and started on some boxes/crates of produce.
    Then I got distracted and started on a camp site.

I was thinking, the fire and some bed rolls.
    But should they be bedrolls, or furs or a mixture?

maybe a fallen log?

Like this maybe?

That’s a great idea – personally I’d vote for those unbased, and no log (no trees in my boy of the desert!) but that’s just selfish reasoning.

Love the blue stripe on your buildings by the way.

Buikding add ons is a great idea – I was playing around with the small outhouse on top of the medium building when I got my last order too.

Alas they would be too thin for practical resin casting.
    Metal would work but the resin mould is £4.00 where as the metal mould would be £70.00…

I am still unsure about the log…

Participant

I think you’re right about the height.  Maybe some squarish towers that can tie into your walls.  What about something modular.  a small building that can sit on top of your existing models.  Your stuff looks great all together like that!

Participant

Abduls Flying Carpets ?  https://www.funnyjunk.com/Semiobscure+comic+characters+marvel+1/funny-pictures/5444337#ab9950_5443893

Participant

Desert spirits would be cool in the future, dust devils, jinns, flying carpets, scorpions

Participant

Any hint of an ETA for the stalls?

Any hint of an ETA for the stalls?

Not sure, if I just do 3 then it will be sooner as they are almost done, if I do 4 with the 4th being the carpet/rug seller then that piece is not even started…
    I was hoping to have finished the current pieces but I had a migraine which has carried over to today so nothing until Monday.
    And even once done, the moulds take a good 5 or 6 days to properly cure…

Participant

I’ve been looking for the right striped fabric for awnings for years.  I have some blue and white striped fabric but no red. I don’t like the look of printed paper.

Participant

I’ve been looking for the right striped fabric for awnings for years. I have some blue and white striped fabric but no red. I don’t like the look of printed paper.

If you don’t mind painting them yourself then aluminium (the thicker sort used in take away containers etc) or lead (some wine bottle tops)  foil makes for very nice ‘fabric’. Thin, takes and holds a crease & easy to work with.

I’ve been looking for the right striped fabric for awnings for years. I have some blue and white striped fabric but no red. I don’t like the look of printed paper.

If you don’t mind painting them yourself then aluminium (the thicker sort used in take away containers etc) or lead (some wine bottle tops) foil makes for very nice ‘fabric’. Thin, takes and holds a crease & easy to work with.

That’s what Jack of Lazy Forger fame told me he uses (or modellers ‘brass’ sheeting, which is very similar), can be shaped like cloth really well. I’ve also seen (somewhere, sorry to whoever it was) dried out babywipes (oven baked) soaked in PVA used really effectively.

I’m with @oldben1 too – a really good Djinn, maybe some other ‘desert’ themed monsters would be great (especially as all my plans seem to be heading towards a sort of ‘Witcher but set in the desert’ theme).

Keymaster

I always paint fabric rather than use off the shelf.
    I figured that as you are painting the clothes on the figures, that in order for it to all tie together you need to paint the cloth not on the figures.
    I just use tissue and paint it..

Participant

Abduls Flying Carpets ?

Peter Pig do a pack of 3 flying carpets with rider/pilot (?) in their fantasy range

Started adding produce to the 3rd market piece.
    Started the campsite.

Started the hell that is making an extension with individual bricks..

I suspect this would work as well/better as a stand alone structure.

I will also make a plaster/mud coated version

Participant

Oh baby, that looks great.  I remember you made a tower before.  Are you selling copies of that?

What tower?
    There is the Tower Of Apis:

That one?

Participant

That’s it.  I didn’t see it with your collection of buildings you posted further up on the thread.

What if you made a gate section that could tie into your wall system, kind of like the Angel Barracks one.  I bought two sets of that becasue it was so versatile.  Something like this but smaller:

Very cool, that’s going to look great. Brick is a good shout too, gives it a Mycenaean vibe.

Participant

Abduls Flying Carpets ?

Peter Pig do a pack of 3 flying carpets with rider/pilot (?) in their fantasy range

In the stash already!

Participant

Started the hell that is making an extension with individual bricks..

Would modelling clay with bricks scratched into it be easier? is the result not as good?

Keymaster

Maybe, the thing about scratched in bricks is that there can be no gap between the bricks and it would (to me at least) look at best like embossed plasticard rather than individual bricks.
    Look at your own fibre optic grass huts, they look more like grass than my scratched in clay ones…

Participant

Based on what you posted it looks great.  I’m always impressed with your sculpting ability.

Can’t wait for the next batch of bits, there’s some great stuff coming…

Cheers folks, hoping things should be back to normal tomorrow so all being well can finish off the market stuff and the campsite and rooftop extendion thingy.

Bricks are done and have added the mortar.

Participant

The walls look great Mike.  I’m like you, if it were something for me I might go the easy route and just score bricks/blocks into the wall, but something that is going to be cast and sold I’d try to make it look as authentic as possible.  Seeing you do things this way gives me a the warm fuzzies and assures me that craftsmanship isn’t dead!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

It looks good.

Seeing you do things this way gives me a the warm fuzzies and assures me that craftsmanship isn’t dead!

Thanks, though I would not call myself that!

So, tomorrow, the 3 market things will be going in a mould.
    It should not be long until the brick hut and campsite are also done, so they should follow quite soon.
    Sorry it has taken longer than hoped, the AB sale had a few barriers thrown up that were unexpected.

So, here is the thing…
    There is a terrain item I want to make, but to do it well will mean having some metal components.
    This will change the mould cost from about £10.00 to £80.00, meaning of course I have to sell a lot more to break even.
    The models RRP will be over £10.00 as it is, more likely £15.00 to £20.00.
    So I am reluctant to just go and make it due to the cost, also I think the model has little game use, but rather it is one of those models that you simply must have, just because it is sooo cool. So whilst people may think, wooooah yeah cool I want that, they may after a few moments think, hmmmm but will I actually use it?

I want to make something inspired by this:

how many would be willing to commit to buying one in principal, and how many would stump up the cash after they see it half built?

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.