Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,010 total)
  • Author
    Mike HeaddenMike Headden
    Participant

Sooooo …. back on topic 🙂

“3 Black Kingdom style tribesmen done to go with the Shaman and Warrior” … colour me interested! Any plans, however vague, as to what and when?

One of the Shamen I bought is now chief of my Tribal/ Primeval Homo Heidelbergensis tribe and the three heroes are his henchmen/ rivals!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Angel BarracksAngel Barracks

So, currently planned are:

Dude with bow, dude with spear and shield and dude with axe and shield.
    All done to fit with the CA shaman and warrior, so they will fit with the Copplestone.
    More onyx style blades and some slightly eldritch totem face esque shields.

If I can get a few quid together before he starts next week (hopefully) I will get a second pose of the axe dude.

Mike HeaddenMike Headden
    Participant

I’m assuming, given what you’ve said, that they will have shields cast on so how interested I am probably depends how easily the pose allows them to be removed but I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for them!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

StroezieStroezie
    Participant

Have to say, I would also prefer seperate shields.

Easier to repose an arm than to file off a shield (and then repose/resculpt the arm).

Not saying it would, but it might affect how many of them I end up buying.

Also, if you have seperate shields, you could do shield packs for those of us who might like to spice up our Copplestone Picts so that they tie in a little bit better with your new figures.

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

I have asked the sculptor to make the shields a separate item.
    I therefore expect a million orders from you all.

😀

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing them!

cmnashcmnash
    Participant

Also, if you have seperate shields, you could do shield packs for those of us who might like to spice up our Copplestone Picts so that they tie in a little bit better with your new figures. Cheers, Stroezie.

That is a good idea, and I would like/get some for certain

I have done some test casts of the walls and have worked out what would be a nice sized set.
    They will also be available as separates so you can tailor to your needs.

Some mock ups using a set:

Excuse the higgledy piggledy nature, I have set them up on a bendy canvas…

😐

cmnashcmnash
    Participant

Excuse the higgledy piggledy nature, I have set them up on a bendy canvas… 😐

Looks damned fine to me Mike!  Will probably have to get some once they’re available ofc! 

Darkest Star GamesDarkest Star Games
    Participant

That top one almost looks like a certain Inn that had a back door for some guests to be kidnapped for munchies and crunchies.  Me likes!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Great idea!  Very similar to your AB walls.  Easy to make a much larger village with a few buildings and a set of walls.  You should bundle.

I wish I could cast things as quickly as you, although I can already see myself getting carried away.  My wife would probably yell at me for spending hundreds  of dollars in resin!

I could have used those walls for my Mos Eisley set up!

Maybe if I wait long enough you’ll start making 15mm sci fi.  I only have to wait 10 years!

Drop me a mail sir!  😉

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Those look great, AB. The only thing missing is Erlend and Eydiss leaping from rooftop to rooftop, pursued by a knot of irate Turanian bravoes!

Those look great, AB. The only thing missing is Erlend and Eydiss leaping from rooftop to rooftop, pursued by a knot of irate Turanian bravoes!

😀

I was looking at the walls last night and realised I had forgotten to make the gate!
    So I quickly made one yesterday, made a mould and here is a test cast of it:

More things to come.

That little house made of bricks, half painted (doing the mortar was tedious!)

And a  plaster/mud coated version.

These and the new walls should be on the site by the middle of next week at the latest.

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Oohhh. SOme nice developments, especially the gates.

The little house is great, even as an outbuilding.  Great work.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

More beautiful work. Simurgh is really coming together!

Cheers dudes, it is getting there.

Fincas Khalmoril
    Participant

That’s getting better whenever I check this thread for news! Fantastic!!!

Looks great, though I guess I imagined putting walls in between buildings to create courtyards and compaunds.  i.e. the buildings were also the outside wall.  I suppose that is hard to do while keep some of them from falling over.  I’d probably drill some holes and use paper clips to pin (removable) certain things together.  I can appreciate some of the complications you face keeping it modular, thick enough to cast, and profitable.

Thanks for sharing.  It’s something that definitely keeps me coming back to see the progress.

Like this or not so much?

SPECIAL OFFER ON THE TREES

Buy one pack, get one pack free.

Head to The Open Steppe to buy!!

Offer valid while stocks last.

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Wonderful, tons of options.  Walls are generic enough to be used for sci fi, modern as well.  I could even see some courtyards with fountains!

telzy ambertelzy amber
    Participant

First let me say I’m impressed and excited by your buildings/town. Very nice. I saw this https://www.ebay.com/itm/wargame-terrain-MIDDLE-EASTERN-CITY-CENTER-28mm-rpg-d-d/323154343159?hash=item4b3d7ff4f7:g:SJwAAOSw~vNar0ex at site that must not be named 😉 and thought that’s fantastic! Then I thought, yanno I bet Mike could do that in 15mm. A few more buildings, some dead ends and a nice souk. This makes me want to play a rpg in 15mm

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

Crom’s Anvil prices are pretty competitive.  You could easily reproduce that 28mm model for a great price.

i still think you should do some 15mm sci fi inserts for your gates and buildings.  You would make a killing.

Yes I like that.

cmnashcmnash
    Participant

That looks pretty damned fine to me!

Wall set now available.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

I’m aware of sounding like a broken record on this thread: but those look fantastic!

telzy ambertelzy amber
    Participant

Indeed. Michael is sorely tempting us.

I can see it now, as he lurks in his secret, underground, Evil Lair.
    MawHAHAHAH! Ah me pretty ones try to resist THIS! MawHAHAHAH!

😉

😀

When I brought out the large merchant’s tent a few people said it would be nice if I made some other tents to go with it.
    I already had… though I suspect the sales of the smaller tent suffered, as to be fair, the paint job was a bit ‘basic’.
    So I have re-painted it, hopefully this will help people realise it is not actually that bad a model…

cmnashcmnash
    Participant

I think that the picture you had also made it look quite small, tbh.  The picture now makes it look quite big – could you put a figure in with it to give a comparison?

I did wonder about the size too, so I have added dimensions to the site.

Here is a quick pic until I have Erland to put next to it.

cmnashcmnash
    Participant

I did wonder about the size too, so I have added dimensions to the site. Here is a quick pic until I have Erland to put next to it.  

Cool – exactly what I meant!

Yes I like that.

Now with added pretty:

RuarighRuarigh
    Participant

Love that set-up. It looks amazing. If I had money and time for new stuff, I would be all over that.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

https://emidsvikings.ac.uk/
    Gone Fishing
    Participant

That’s some very fine work, Michael. I was thinking it looked incredible even before being tarted up with dressings. Now? Like I say: incredible! Oh, the games to be had there…

Daryl

Alexander Wasberg
    Participant

The level of detail with all the set dressing is something to behold.

I like the heat mirage-y sort of effect on the edges of the photo too, clever that 🙂

OldBen1OldBen1
    Participant

That looks great!  So much to see.  Your small town has become a thriving metropolis (with camels).  You should start posting more on LAF.  I’m sure there is a large market these for your stuff.

Never had much success on LAF, my 6mm went down like a lead balloon and not much in the way of interest of my 15mm either.
    LAF always seemed to be for 25mm branded high quality finished games to me. (which my stuff is not)
    Besides, I have a vested interest in making TWW the place to be!

😉

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,010 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.