Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,391 total)
  • Author

Ahaha, at first glance I thought it’s a new terrain you’re working on.

lol!!

That looks a bit better:

Participant

Is it too late to suggest an alteration?

Is it too late to suggest an alteration?

Participant

Participant

I have been resisting the temptation to do a Conan project….this is starting to be a problem, now that all this cool stuff is being churned out by Crom and his eponymous anvil. 

I have been resisting the temptation to do a Conan project….this is starting to be a problem, now that all this cool stuff is being churned out by Crom and his eponymous anvil.

Surrender to your desires!

So, I have done a test cast of the camp, all is fine, I did a test of the stakes yesterday too, but they were iffy, I have done a new mould and they are coming out with the pointy bits intact, so don’t worry, whilst this test one has crappy stakes, your actual ones will be sorted.

Participant
    Participant

That looks smashing. Really, really looking forward to seeing it painted up!

Participant

I actually keep looking at these rules from the perspective of doing some stuff with Samurai.  Not that I have any samurai, but I could 😉

I’ve got another idea, perhaps a bit crazy, but I need to pick up a copy of the rules first.  Along those lines, do the rules handle any kind of ranged combat?

V/R,

Jack

Keymaster

They do, given the small size of the table for playing, it assumed that bows will cover the entirety of the tabletop and that thrown weapons have a limited range which is dependant upon the Prowess of the thrower.
    They can be dodged and when I get my arse into gear, the supplement will have additional rules for armour types and shields, all handy to add some meat to the rules.
    Though I think I have outlined the rules for that in the Burning Sands topic here on TWW.

The rules are geared toward quick heroic action, mostly 1 or 2 antagonists taking on smaller groups of lesser foes.
    Also rules for stealth should you want any sneaky cowardly ninja types.

Participant

Thanks, Mike!

Glad to hear about ranged combat, and I’m with you on the concept.  My samurai idea is a couple buddy swordsmen up against masses of bad guy henchmen, maybe some govt troops with firearms, maybe some sneaky, dastardly ninjas, and the occasional bad guy samurai boss.

My crazy idea is based on the TV series “Strike Back,” like this:

I know it may seem a bit far-fetched, and certainly nothing close to the intent of the rules (that’s actually a specialty of mine), but bear with me, it’s still two superheroes taking on hordes of faceless bad guys, and conceptually there’s no difference between a bow and an AK.

V/R,

Jack

Keymaster

One thing I was very keen to do, was to make the rules easy to mod.
    Sort of like a sandbox to make your own.

Starting to populate the page

CROM FUNDER

Participant

We just pay through Crom’s Anvil as if making a purchase, yes?

Keymaster

Yup, when the page is finished, Monday hopefully.
    There will be the buttons as normal.

Just started painting the camp and a thought occurred to me, possibly due to binging on Black Sails, that the camp could very easily double as a pirate camp.
    Add a few barrels and maybe another chest and bingo.

Participant

I’m behind on Black Sails, still need to finish the last season before starting this one.  But I agree, this would make a fine pirate camp!

I actually keep looking at these rules from the perspective of doing some stuff with Samurai.

It is totally scary to me that I have been thinking the same thing, but the rate at which I am painting minis makes this such a long term project.  Plus, I’d probably then want to turn it into some great sengoku adventure as our French fried has posted… no, must resist all and paint small jets for campaign…arrrrgh.  Crom’s grip is getting stronger!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

You know where to go!!

Participant

The new piece looks lovely, Michael. How do you get your tent stripes so straight? I’m quite in awe of your powers…

Thanks!
    Are we looking at the same stripes?!

Participant

as our French fried has posted…

This is actually pretty funny. But I agree that Patrice’s work is hugely inspirational!

Participant

Niiiccceee…Standing ripe for pillage by the next passing mighty-thewed barbarian.

Participant

Are we looking at the same stripes?!

No, for reals dude, that is some tight line work, very very nice!

This is actually pretty funny. But I agree that Patrice’s work is hugely inspirational!

Woops, left out an ‘n’ there!  unintentional humor!

Cheers for the compliments adventurers!!

Just over half way on the Crom Funder, a few more orders should see the target hit, and then the mould can be made and the mercs cast and everything posted!
    Spread the word where ever you hang out!

Turan would be ok for pirate action yes?

Soooo….

Updated the Heroes and Villains page of the site to show what figures are in the pipeline:

https://cromsanvil.co.uk/characters.html

Participant

Looks good.

Pirates you say?  More figures?  Boats and dockside scenery perhaps?

Participant

Hi Michael, you’re funded? Congratulations! What’s the wait for us slow sods who didn’t get in on the Cromfunder in time?

Hi Michael, you’re funded? Congratulations! What’s the wait for us slow sods who didn’t get in on the Cromfunder in time?

I am hoping the Western Mercenaries will be available in a few weeks, Christmas time ish.

EKWENSU HAS DECLARED A HOLY FESTIVAL, SO PLEASE ALLOW FOR A SLIGHT DELAY IN ORDERS AS I MAY BE HAVING A CHEEKY DAY OFF OR TWO TO POLISH SKULLS HAVING CRUSHED MY ENEMIES.

On a related note…
    I am hoping to use some of this time to make myself a model that won’t be moulded and cast.
    This means it can be a full on plenty of intricate detail model.
    But, I am not sure what to do.

My initial thoughts are some sort of inn for Simurgh, that way it will be practical, and be used more than once.
    I did think a giant temple, but worry it would be used once and that would be it…

Any thoughts?

Participant

An Inn would be more useful…

Participant

Ya, either an Inn or a wealthy merchants compound, with lift off roofs!

Participant

Michael, while I wait impatiently for the post person to deliver my camp goodness…

I have a load of mdf adobe type buildings that I want to make blend in with your resin adobes.

I was going to use a well-known brand of textured paint, but the texture is different. What did you use? It looks like some kind of filler. Would that stick to mdf, do you know?

🤔

So, the original buildings:

Slap on a layer of PVA, neat.
    When dry I applied copious layers of liquid green stuff and then sealed with partly watered down PVA.
    This gives a pretty smooth texture.

The newer ones:

Pollyfilla from a squeezy tube slapped all over.
    Then sanded smoother and then liquid green stuff to get into the smaller harder to reach areas.
    Then a smooth over and seal with PVA, again neat.

(Coffee stirrers were glued on first and then the pollyfilla applied in bulk to raise the wall surface flush with the stirrers.)

Should work with MDF if you apply the PVA first I reckon.

Participant

I’ve put polyfilla straight onto MDF and had no problems with it

Participant

Blimey, the liquid green stuff seems like an expensive way to go.

I’ll have a go with a tube of pollyfilla and see where I get.

Thanks all.

You can get a few buildings from a single pot.
    But of course it is more economical if you are just making a master and then casting the others rather than using GS every time.

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.