Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 2,382 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

are they cheaper to care for, and do they talk back less than camels?

Angel Barracks

Not sure if Burning Sands is for you?

I have uploaded a sample of the PDF for you to have a look at for free!!

Go check it out by Crom!

LINK

Mike Harrop
    Participant

I’ve bit the bullet and ordered a bunch of Crom’s Anvil buildings, I can’t wait to paint them.

Michael, you were looking for generic Civilians to populate your town, Donnington Miniatures has a few Middle Eastern civilians sold as individuals in their Equiptment range along with a few interesting Middle Eastern musicians and Town Militia in their other ranges. They’re nearer to 18mmthan 15 but are nice castings.

"This lighthouse is under attack, and by morning we may all be dead!" The 4th Doctor - Horror of Fang Rock

Angel Barracks

Cheers on both counts, though for civilians I am thinking about doing my own, but with a more fantastic vibe about them.

Angel Barracks

Coming in a few days, Ekwensu’s Summoning Pit:

Angel Barracks

Coming soon, to compliment the also coming soon thralls, the thrall cage:

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Looks good!  Out of curiosity, how will it get pulled around?   (I picture Our Hero hauling it single-handedly with a smile on his face as the salvers travel from fighting pit to fighting pit…)

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Angel Barracks

Looks good! Out of curiosity, how will it get pulled around? (I picture Our Hero hauling it single-handedly with a smile on his face as the salvers travel from fighting pit to fighting pit…)

Ha!
    As I don’t have any models in my store that would work, I recommended waiting until I do, and certainly not going elsewhere to buy things by Crom!
    Though I will be using some camels I have from Irregular Miniatures myself.

😀

Angel Barracks

Thanks to people talking about my stuff on various other sites and pages and groups, there has been a burst in sales and I have commissioned some 15mm hyenas be made.

Grrrrrrrrarww or should that be lol?

General Slade
    Participant

That’s great news Mike.  I love the way the Crom’s Anvil range is expanding.   There is a dearth of good 15mm fantasy creatures out there and hyenas are right at the top of my wish list.

Angel Barracks

Cheers, I was thinking of making wolves, but the Copplestone ones are very nice and other people do them too.
    So I had a ponder about other deserty type pack animals that would bother heroes.
    Hyenas seemed to fit the bill.

General Slade
    Participant

To be honest I was hoping that you might do wolves as well.  I love most of the Copplestone Barbarica range but to me their wolves look a little bit ‘cartoony’.  The look like they were copied from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast rather than real life – or Frank Frazetta who is better than real life.

How about a nice sabre-tooth tiger to roam the rocky outcrops?

Angel Barracks

Possibly, though that would be costly, I am minded to do some ‘summoned things’ next.

General Slade
    Participant

That’s cool too.  I look forward to seeing what emerges from your summoning pit.

Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Excellent news!

Have you considered big apes? There are a few of those mentioned in the tales.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Ooh, summoned things sounds promising. The range is coming along nicely!

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Ralph: None of my business (I’m not a customer), but both Khurasan and Blue Moon have some excellent big apes already…

Ralph Plowman
    Participant

I haven’t seen them, but I’m sure Michael can do them bettter! 😄

Angel Barracks

Have you considered big apes? There are a few of those mentioned in the tales.

A lot, but I am feeling they do not suit the desert theme so well?

Gone Fishing
    Participant

What about baboons? They might work!

Geof Downton
    Participant

What about baboons? They might work!

Oh yes please! I’ve been looking for 15mm baboons for my Biblicals for years!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Yeah, I suppose there aren’t many desert giant apes.

Giant bat demons are good though!

Angel Barracks

So, my original figure for Erland, the Copplestone one had a sensible tan.
    My own model of course had to replace the other companies one, but it never felt as nice.
    After seeing a few Erland’s kicking around the net, I decided to upgrade my pale one and make him nice and tanned.
    I have also been playing a video game and my character was called Erland of the Red Sash, so I figured not only does new Erland need more tan, he needs new clothes.
    So here he is:

I hope to get a game done on Monday/Tuesday where he returns to Simurgh after a few months of wandering and he see’s how it has grown since he and Eydis rid the village of the bandit threat.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Heavens, Michael, that is a superb bit of brushwork. Though the paler version wasn’t bothering me, this one does look a good deal better. I wouldn’t want to cross him, that’s for sure!

Just out of curiosity, what flesh tones do you use? Foundry?

Be sure to post pics of that game!

Angel Barracks

Thanks.
    I was actually going to start a topic asking about tanned flesh colours as the one I have I am not a fan of.
    This was just a normal pale flesh that I mixed all manner of colours into.
    I used Coat D’arms flesh 213 as the base, but added Vallejo Game Colour 72.040 Leather Brown, some Vallejo Model Colour 70.984 Flat Brown, and did a number of blends and shades, I also used a very very weak thin orange wash all over way through to make it a bit, errrm orange I guess.

So thanks, but nothing direct from a pot…

Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Very nice.

Excellent choice of colours too! 

Angel Barracks

I was not keen on the dark grey trousers at first, but after seeing yours and how the red sash works with it…

Gone Fishing
    Participant

This was just a normal pale flesh that I mixed all manner of colours into.

Well, colour me impressed. He turned out really well.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Agree with the above, looks right proper as though he has just returned from a stress free vaykay in the carribe` and is now all energized and ready to bash heads once again.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

greg954
    Participant

Who sculpted  Erland? Was it Martin Baker or that Italian fellow?

Angel Barracks

Who sculpted Erland? Was it Martin Baker or that Italian fellow?

Good memory skills, but not really!
    So Martin Baker did all my 6mm, except for the RDF which were done by an Italian chap.
    Martin Baker has done some of my 15mm but Erland was done by Sculpty Dave

greg954
    Participant

Ah right, you may of told me but can’t quite remember. You can really see the details a bit more now you’ve improved him. That grimace expression his wears for example, certainly makes him look hard.

Thats why I would pick him for my games, he looks hard. Never mind his Prowess.

telzy amber
    Participant

As greg954 wrote the new Erland skin tone makes him look hard, grim

by the by does anyone else, when clicking this thread in the forums list, end on the 1st post?

In fact just adding a reply, or editing a reply, takes me back to the first post in the thread

It’s the only one that does that for me, the rest always take me to the last post

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by telzy amber.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by telzy amber.
    Mike
    Keymaster

Yeah. Something about the size of this topic has caused it to break. I am working on fixing it. But each new reply breaks it again.. sorry.

Mike
    Keymaster

I think I have unbroked it?

cmnash
    Participant

I think I have unbroked it?

It worked for me; straight to your post

Angel Barracks

Just starting work on editing the first batch of photos for the next instalment of Burning Sands, The Chronicles of Erland.

Erland Goes Shopping:

Random Ostrich:

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Is it my imagination or is that merchant sliding his foot back prior to beating a hasty retreat? Can’t say as I blame him, really.

Looking forward to the report!

telzy amber
    Participant

It is unbroke… at least for me

Thank you

Angel Barracks
Viewing 40 posts - 1,481 through 1,520 (of 2,382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.