Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,161 total)
  • Author
    RhodericRhoderic
    Participant

Those rocks turned out great! Way to play to the strengths of Oasis floral foam. Round, soft-contoured “old geology” type rock is what that material does best.

shelldrakeshelldrake
    Participant

Things are really looking good for this game – kind of wish I could join in on a gaming session.

Monday’s are best for me!

I rather imaging that the game would have been over long before I can save the money to afford to visit for a game. Unless some crowdfunding will pay for the airline ticket etc

RhodericRhoderic
    Participant

Things are really looking good for this game – kind of wish I could join in on a gaming session.

Monday’s are best for me!

I rather imaging that the game would have been over long before I can save the money to afford to visit for a game. Unless some crowdfunding will pay for the airline ticket etc

You mean you don’t have teleporter access to the secret underground city beneath Nottingham where all miniature wargamers congregate? Must be some oversight at the Department of Induction and Membership, I’ll have a word with them…

Angel BarracksAngel Barracks

Last of the first three buildings cast.

Then the hut and campsite…

Test cast of mud hut, all is well, though I stuck the roof on a bit too much to one side…

shelldrakeshelldrake
    Participant

I wish I could makes things like that – very nice!

I wish I could makes things like that – very nice!

Thanks dude.

Almost finished my tomb:

First product for the website cast and painted… more to do then proper photo’s for the website…

Ali Dogan SayinerAli Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

I like them, eager to see them in one scene.

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

I like them, eager to see them in one scene.

Me too!! 😀

Turns out the Iranian Grey Wolf is not really that grey…

Participant

I love the wolves !

Thanks they took more effort that I had originally hoped, but am pleased with them!

Currently working on a grass roof for the mud hut, a well, a dome to add to the normal adobe buildings and a camp fire:

So those have been moulded and the test casts are good.

A grass roof for the mud hut giving you a bit of variety.

A well, cos you know, adds detail to the village, and someplace to kick people into.

Now, this is really exciting, a revolutionary bit of craftsmanship here

Handy for making the same old building look completely and utterly unrecognisable and new!

My new 15mm shelf…

Started work on the website a bit.
    Things will be probably be ready to go next week, but with it being a school holiday that would be bad timing.
    So the plan is to launch the site with products on w/c 20th Feb.

http://www.cromsanvil.co.uk

jagannath
    Participant

Can’t believe I’ve missed this whole thread – I’ve been working on almost this exact project in the background (VERY slowly) for ages! I tried sculpting some alien/arid huts that would work for both sci-fin and fantasy (and a long term pet project I want to do which is basically ‘alien fantasy’)

I won’t actual post the image as it’s your thread but they’re here:

https://bladesandblastersdotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/img_9727-e1473015651314.jpg

You’ve smashed it. I’ll be buying the whole bunch of those buildings soon as they’re ready – much prefer solid resin for 15mm. I ballsed mine up – I had a good show then I tried adding an extra layer of miliput to texture – I’ll knick the liquid greenstuff idea next time!

Have you seen all the new Forged in Battle 15s? Some great stuff in there that could fit in a more desert based fantasy world.

Very cool.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by jagannath. Reason: Done a bad spelling sir

You’ve smashed it. I’ll be buying the whole bunch of those buildings soon as they’re ready

Thanks, not sure they are that exciting but thanks for the encouragement!

Reason: Done a bad spelling sir

LOLz

Anonymous
    Inactive

These should go with my just ordered OG 15mm village huts as a different tribe (or three) so I look forward to seeing them for sale!

Last build before I start getting stuff ready for the site:

It is a small outbuilding, most likely for storing feed and tools.
    (Possibly kidnapped maidens too)

The two huts are done, I hate ‘painting’ grass roofs*

*yes.

jagannath
    Participant

These look great, stoked to order some… good scale too, 15mm terrain seems to often be 1:100, undervalued against most figs

jagannath
    Participant

“Underscaled” not undervalued.

I never make true to scale, my 6mm is made to ‘look right’ when placed next to a chunky out of proportion based 6mm figure.
    Doing the same sort of thing here with 15mm.

Ordered me some of these to see how they go

LINK

StroezieStroezie
    Participant

You know, I think that left hut would look awesome with a darker brown roof with lots of moss, lichen and even some flat stones and grass tufts. Like one of those really old sod/turf roofs.

Almost makes me want to get back into 15mm…

…but not yet

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

with lots of moss, lichen and even some flat stones and grass tufts. Like one of those really old sod/turf roofs.

Defo, and now that I have some stock images for the website I can cast more and properly add bits to them.

RhodericRhoderic
    Participant

You’ve mentioned more than once that you’re going for a Persian/Iranian fantasy feel. I like the sound of that, but just out of curiosity, what made you home in on that culture, specifically? And is there any specific period of Persian history you’re thinking of especially?

You’ve mentioned more than once that you’re going for a Persian/Iranian fantasy feel. I like the sound of that, but just out of curiosity, what made you home in on that culture, specifically? And is there any specific period of Persian history you’re thinking of especially?

Nothing historical really, just like the general sort of look/feel.

Partly due to wanting my hero to be far from home, partly as the Arnie films are often set in the south and in dry arid areas.
    Partly wanting to not do European style green games as many do (nothing wrong with that but since when I have been conventional).
    Partly as I am hoping to offer a product that is a bit less conventional.
    Partly as him being pretty naked kind of makes more sense, can’t have him in the frozen wastes in his pants!

No single thing really, just lots of little bits that kind of steered me that way.

RhodericRhoderic
    Participant

I certainly see the appeal of a “dry” milieu with an orientalist flair for classic swords-and-sorcery. I suppose I was just wondering why Persian specifically as opposed to Middle Eastern generally.

As for the Arnie movies, I’ve loosely come to think of the milieu as being more like Anatolia, the Caucasus, westernmost Central Asia or something along those lines. But I do enjoy comparing differences with fellow “worldbuilding connoisseurs” in regard to our respective subjective interpretations of fantasy settings.

I suppose I was just wondering why Persian specifically as opposed to Middle Eastern generally.

I have remembered!!
    I was asking around for inspiration on FB and someone suggested the Prince of Persia video game, it kind of stuck.

Whilst I am doing fantasy not historical it does draw from the real world a lot.
    In my mind that sort of geographical location would allow for all flavours of the world to meet, from barbarian northerners, to swarthy southerners and exotic easterners.

It is certainly harder to pull off and find things for than compared to say something that was Celtic in flavour.
    Which is odd given the years I spent learning up on the Celts and Celtic mythology in my youth.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Angel BarracksAngel Barracks. Reason: stupid autocorrect

Though I will steal anything from that rough area, most certainly some Egyptian stuff will appear, have some photo’s of temples and stuff from holidays there that may prove useful.

kyotebluekyoteblue
    Participant

I really like what you have done with all this, two thumbs up!

jagannath
    Participant

Hullo mate – only made the post as I left work today so I think they’ll be with you Thursday.

Still aiming to release buildings on 20th?

No rush sir, hmmmm maybe, though could be later in that week…

Getting close to having painted all the buildings

jagannath
    Participant

These look boss. What sort of prices are you thinking?

What sort of prices are you thinking?

This most likely:   LINK

I chased up the company in China that I bought some plastic trees from, they think the order has been lost so are sending some replacements.
    I really have an idea in my head about how the website should look/work when I launch it, and I really need those trees, so alas unless the missing order turns up, it will be delayed until the replacement trees arrive…

Sorry.

In the mean time, what I have so far, including some cheap and cheerful fences:

My villagers have arrived, yee gads they are smaller than expected.
    Though in all fairness to them, they are 15mm, my others are 18mm, but the difference is such that when I first opened them, I thought I had ordered 10mm by mistake.

Copplestone Barbarians
    Magister Militum civilians
    Xyston soldier

Participant

I like fences too, All other look pretty attractive.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.