Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

This topic contains 1,872 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by Angel Barracks Angel Barracks 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,873 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Yesterday I sent my notes off to the sculptor for 6 Simurgh Civilian models.
    Trying to make desert fantasy civilians that don’t resemble historical miniatures.

Fingers crossed.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

Always good to have cross-over figures.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Exciting news!

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Thumps up!

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Now on the site!

😀

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Ooh, that’s very affordable! I’ll probably get multiple sets, and do some low-effort conversions so none of the pieces are identical.

Come to think of it, I’ll want one bunch of those walls to paint in a light, warm colour for arid climates, and another to paint in a darker, colder colour for Frostgrave-type stuff (it helps that they’re supremely multi-scale). Perhaps even a third bunch of walls that will have jungly vegetation on them.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Ooh, that’s very affordable! I’ll probably get multiple sets, and do some low-effort conversions so none of the pieces are identical.

Cheers, yes, now I have them on the website I intend to stick those on bases with piles of sand, broken vases etc and make say 3 or 4 bases of scatter.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I think I mentioned this before, but can’t recall…

Any interest in some road sections for Simurgh and the like?

Thinking something like this:

I could also do town squares, courtyards etc.

Thomaston
    Participant

Don’t tell me you made the little bricks on the sides?

Tired is enough.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Don’t tell me you made the little bricks on the sides?

No way Jose, bought a bag of 2000 of them.

kyoteblue
    kyoteblue
    Participant

LOL!!

Thomaston
    Participant

<p style=”font-size: 20.8px !important; line-height: 32.5px !important;”>Don’t tell me you made the little bricks on the sides?

<p style=”font-size: 20.8px !important; line-height: 26px !important;”>No way Jose, bought a bag of 2000 of them.

Can I have a link please.

Tired is enough.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

You can tell a lot about a business by how they act when they mess up.

As a result I am no longer using the courier I have been using and will have to go back to Royal Mail.

This may mean slower dispatch of orders as I am not always able to get out to the post office each day.

My apologies.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Test casts are good, will be on the site once painted!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

You can tell a lot about a business by how they act when they mess up.

Sad that.  I’ve had to slag a local mechanical company because their guy not only replaced a broken part with a broken part (charged me $600 to do so, and 2 days late), then told me I had to buy a whole new unit ($1,800), but the owner did nothing when approached about the issue nor would he refund my money.  Had to have a different company come out and fix the unit, and they did so for $150 (parts and labor).  Dude still did nothing and blocked my number.  So, we were off to Funland after that…

Hope the courier made things right with you.

…and the new casting looks pretty good, especially the debris in the corners, gives it a lot more life than just walls would have.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Hope the courier made things right with you.

Nope, I have closed my account with them and used someone else.

Thanks for the ruins comments, I think so too.
    Less flexible but more cool?

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

You can tell a lot about a business by how they act when they mess up. As a result I am no longer using the courier I have been using and will have to go back to Royal Mail. This may mean slower dispatch of orders as I am not always able to get out to the post office each day. My apologies.

That may be a wise decision – epecially if we are talking about international shipping. I can speak only for me but every single shipment I got from the UK over the years, even the ones from the companies in the “Wallachei”*, shipped via RM, were at my home in 5-6 days and that´s even for German standards really fast. Some of them even faster (and faster than the “big A”). So if you ship only once or twice a week that´s, at least for me, fast enough.
    Even the Mini Wargames is only delayed two days right now.

*the (German slang) term Wallachei describes a region deeply in an rural area without much infrastructure. Literally the term means the Wallachia region in Romania.

EDIT: PS finally got my copy of Burning Sands! 🙂

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

You can tell a lot about a business by how they act when they mess up. As a result I am no longer using the courier I have been using and will have to go back to Royal Mail. This may mean slower dispatch of orders as I am not always able to get out to the post office each day. My apologies.

That may be a wise decision – epecially if we are talking about international shipping. I can speak only for me but every single shipment I got from the UK over the years, even the ones from the companies in the “Wallachei”*, shipped via RM, were at my home in 5-6 days and that´s even for German standards really fast. Some of them even faster (and faster than the “big A”). So if you ship only once or twice a week that´s, at least for me, fast enough. Even the Mini Wargames is only delayed two days right now. *the (German slang) term Wallachei describes a region deeply in an rural area without much infrastructure. Literally the term means the Wallachia region in Romania. EDIT: PS finally got my copy of Burning Sands! 🙂
    Second EDIT: May I ask which courier you used before?

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

EDIT: PS finally got my copy of Burning Sands! Second EDIT: May I ask which courier you used before?

Skills!!!
    Praise be to Apis!

My Hermes. They cop a lot of flak but the guy that collects for me has been great, but the customer care when things recently went wrong was shocking.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

What??? Hermes is active in the UK too??? That was new to me.  They started out here VERY good back in the early nineties but now… Don´t know the situation in Britain right now but the conditions for the sub contractors here are …. catastrophic. To be kind.
    Worked 30 years in the mail and parcel sector. Many guys and gals are working their asses off for, far too often, a pittance. And then get kicked by nearly anyone around.
    I´m glad that I´ve decided to quit last year.

Praise be to Apis!

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Hopefully on the site later today:

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

I shudder to think of the beast that’s left those claw marks.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Sneak Peak at the Simurgh Civilian sculpts.

I was bored of using historicals for my desert fantasy civilians and wanted something that looked fantasy without being over the top.

Sculpty dave has done a wicked job I think.

greg954
    Participant

They look rather Simurgh upper class civilian to me.

Lovely hats, now you’re going to need a milliner shop.

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

They are particularly cool. Is the sculptor local to you?

I wonder if he (or perhaps you) took inspiration from this:

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Thomaston
    Participant

I love the fat dude. Don’t see many of those in miniatures.

Tired is enough.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

GREAT! This is the stuff I´d like to see. And I´m with Thomaston here.

Ralph Plowman
    Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Very nice. Full of character!

Gone Fishing
    Participant

Lovely sculpts, though they do seem to be the well-heeled set. Great fun to see more figures being released!

Rhoderic
    Rhoderic
    Participant

I’ll leave it to Mike to verify or deny this, but I believe they’re inspired by the city-dwelling folk in Conan the Destroyer. They don’t appear particularly upper-class in the film – they’re just sweaty-looking commoners in eccentric hats – but I can definitely see how the figures can come across as well-heeled if one doesn’t remember the film in detail.

The hats are also vaguely reminiscent of the ones Guinan wears in Star Trek TNG. I’m already thinking of converting a few of them to be more in line with the Guinan style.

Stroezie
    Stroezie
    Participant

Cool sculpts!

+1 for the fat dude from me too.

Now the question is…

…. would you consider releasing a seperate “Hat sprue” so we can Simurghify our other mini’s?

Cheers,

Stroezie.

If you like 6mm scifi check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Geof Downton
    Geof Downton
    Participant

…. would you consider releasing a seperate “Hat sprue” so we can Simmurgify our other mini’s?

Seconded!

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Matthew Kirkhart
    Participant

Those look great!  I agree that they seem inspired by the civilians in Conan the Destroyer.  I really like that they do not look historical.  To move away from a historical look for fantasy figures is a great decision.

Wouter Wolput
    Wouter Wolput
    Participant

They’re terrific, your sculptor did a great job, a bit eccentric but full of character. Not sure if I’m going to keep the hats when I buy them though. I kind of would like them better with turbans, fez, shawl or in case of the meat eating guy: bald.

I love the Oriental look and can easily imagine them in a load of settings.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Thanks peeps!!

I had not thought about the hats, it is a possibility.
    I am half way through an accessory pack for Simurgh, wall mounted torches, free standing torches, urns and vases etc, maybe I can add a sprue of hats to the pack.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

but I believe they’re inspired by the city-dwelling folk in Conan the Destroyer.

Very much!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Those are some really nice sculpts.  Puts a whole different spin on how I perceive Simurgh.  Dig!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Thanks dude!

So thanks to minor mojo revival I have painted the lady as shown here, just to base her.

But what colours to paint the archer?

greg954
    Participant

I’m useless when it comes to picking colours. After some head scratching, cups of tea and a healthy amount of dithering. I think I would go will something vibrant. Mongol archers seemed to of worn a rich assortment of colour. Not much help I know.  I am liking both models though, think I would buy for sure.

I haven’t even painted those bloody birds yet. Stuck with choosing colours for those.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,721 through 1,760 (of 1,873 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.