Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Crom's Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

This topic contains 1,872 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by Angel Barracks Angel Barracks 5 hours, 12 minutes ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,873 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks
    OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

Those look great!  I love the Middle Eastern vibe.  The range continues to grow.  Very unique.

I couldn’t help but notice you are not posting pictures from your workbench as much!

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I couldn’t help but notice you are not posting pictures from your workbench as much!

I have not been making anything..  🙁

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

All on the site ready to pre-order!

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

What a view!

Thomaston
    Participant

That’s really impressive. Seeing you create each piece of terrain in there was inspiring.
    Looks like an interesting place to role play in.

Tired is enough.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Thanks peeps.
    Am thinking about doing a few sections like the below to cast up and sell.

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

Reminds me of some of the rpg tiles I made.  I even use you baskets and marketplace for scatter.

I like it because you don’t necessarily need buildings.  Just pathways.  Yours are obviously cooler.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by OldBen1 OldBen1.
    Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Cool, but not as cool as this I just purchased:

Should help with inspiration and persuading people to let me have that re-roll I want.

greg954
    Participant

You’ve been busy. Just think, back at the end of 2016 you started with a couple of Copplestone Minis and some Crom rules. Now you have a whole town with residents and your own rules to boot.

Cool sword by the way, I like a good sword me. Although I have few historic repos, wasn’t keen on the fantasy ones. But that one looks nice, is it functional? Where did you get it?

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

It has blunt edges.
    There was a geek event in Thornbury that we all went to, and Samantha and Charlotte insisted I get it as I never buy myself anything.
    So you know, I did.

It will inspire great stuff I am sure!

Thanks Greg, the empire grows.
    Praise Be To Apis!

greg954
    Participant

It looks like it could be wielded as a single handed arming sword. Too small for both hands and that fantasy pommel might be a bit uncomfortable to use as a bastard (hand and a half) sword. Use it in conjunction with something else, like another sword.

Oh, wait I know of a swordsman who wields two swords!  Can definitely see Erland slaying a couple of Gandowana birds with that.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

greg954
    Participant

Blimey I stand corrected, that’s a beast of a sword! Bigger than a ruddy Claymore! However I was right about one thing. You could slay a Gandowana bird with that quite easily.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  greg954.

Thomaston
    Participant

I don’t know if I’m impressed more by the sword or the fact you had to be convinced to buy it.

Suffer no evil yee (who? (wield?) this in the name of crom?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Thomaston.

Tired is enough.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

I’d let you have your re-roll…

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

What you should really do is pick up your daughter at school wearing that in your belt loops!

Wouter Wolput
    Wouter Wolput
    Participant

What you should really do is pick up your daughter at school wearing that in your belt loops!

But you probably have to be prepared to do some explaining when other parents spot you and the police shows up 😁.

It is a really cool gadget and a splendid way to intimidate your opponent across the board.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

I see, your sword isn´t as big as mine.*

*not what you all think again – actual sword.
    Nice one, Mike. I like that. Is this a replica of the sword from the movie? The one from Conan´s father?
    BTW, if you let your hair grow I will provide you with a real fleece (not only wool).

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

So I have 2 road sections half done:

That is a 28mm figure and a 15mm figure.

I think I will add a curved section and a sort of ruined end that just tails off into the ground.
    I have a plan to make some accessories to go with it, which may well be the basis for a new Crom Funder as the accessories will be metal.

Stay tuned for more.

Wouter Wolput
    Wouter Wolput
    Participant

Great job, they look fantastic. Maybe a ‘T’ section? The ruined end sounds like an excellent plan.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

I did think about the tee, but these are quite thin and it should be a doddle to simply chop off a bit off the side gutter/wall and butt a section up to it:

Steelonsand
    Steelonsand
    Participant

Hmm – Mike,  those do look useful – particularly with the 28mm figure (Dillinger ?) for scale – me was thinking Dungeon floor plan type of thingie….. Hmm…. Will they be ‘solid’ or bendy-rubbery material when put into production ?

Oh, and BTW – seconding Thorsten’s call for you to grow your hair to go with the sword in his post above – you need to complete the look….

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Should help with inspiration and persuading people to let me have that re-roll I want.

Now all you need to do is perfect your Appalachia holler-dweller voice (or sub in a drunken Cockney) so you can stand on your front door stoop in your undies and shout “stay offama lawn ya dern varmits!’ whenever any kids pass by!

Thems some bumpy roads.  Poor slaves being hauled in their cage carts will have their teeth rattled loose in no time!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

OldBen1
    OldBen1
    Participant

You should do a square tile.  Could be used as an open marketplace, fountain, dungeon room or fork in the road.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Ahm, short question in between: What does the terms holler-dweller and sub mean. This is one of the few times the internet let´s me down with slang terms. (I THINK it means something like homeless ( derogatory) but I´m not sure.) Thanks in advance.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

I’m thinking holler-dweller means folks that lives in out of the way places up in the hills (as in “hollow”), though I stand to be corrected.

Mike, the road sections are looking good. If you’re feeling devious, once you get the curved section on the site you can offer it twice, once as a left hand turn, and again as a right. Might increase sales!

Ralph Plowman
    Ralph Plowman
    Participant

The only place I’ve seen the term Hole-Dweller is Tolkien’s translation of the word Hobbit.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

holler-dweller

Fish has it right.  People that dwell in the valleys and dales of the Appalachian mountains (hollows, or “hollers” in local parlance), know to be “backwoodsy”, sort of backwards and uncultured, sort of like the locals found along the river in the movie ‘Deliverance’.  Sub just meant “substitute”.

I agree with the above Mike, if you’re going to do roads you should probably do curves and corners, if for no other reason than completeness and to broaden the possibility of people not into Burning Sands being able to purchase all the gamuts.

Thorsten Frank
    Thorsten Frank
    Participant

Thx DSG for the explanation. I´m always surprised how many terms you encounter…

@Mike: I agree with the others on those tiles. Besides this if you make different ones they may be liked by customers not reguarly interested in your stuff. Those tile would easily work well for medieval cobblestones in 28mm too.

Mike
    Mike
    Keymaster

Wouter Wolput
    Wouter Wolput
    Participant

Looking good! I suppose two curves will make one 90° corner?

The marketplace idea sounds great too, though I could swear I saw one in resin before for 28mm. Maybe at Tabletop World.

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Brilliant, dude!  Those look fab.  Both the curve and broken piece really work well.

Count Belisarius
    Count Belisarius
    Participant

Nice road things. Nice sword thing.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Happy Crom’s Day to Me!

It is not Haga!!

The map is hand drawn/stitched and made to order.
    It is very cool and can be bought HERE

Ralph Plowman
    Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Lovely swag!

What is best in life? A black lotus t shirt comes close.

Angel Barracks
    Angel Barracks

Lovely swag!

Praise be to Missus!

Darkest Star Games
    Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Happy Birthday Mike!

That is a great haul!  Your Mrs. is the bestest!

Wouter Wolput
    Wouter Wolput
    Participant

Happy birthday! These are amazing gifts, the map is just gorgeous.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,873 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.