Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Crom’s Anvil – 15mm Fantasy

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,365 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

Thanks, quick river scene….

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

“…and lo, the barbarian emerged from the jungle; lean and mean and covered in blood, and fear and expectation abounded.”

Looks good!  Is Erland being picked up for adventure and plunder?  Or is he about to take over?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mike
    Keymaster

Is Erland being picked up for adventure and plunder?  Or is he about to take over?

And why is Yasmina so far from Simurgh?

greg954
    Participant

And what is Eydis doing?………..I Wonder.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

A couples…er, trio’s vacation?

OldBen1
    Participant

That’s really sweet.  You are very industrious.  You better be careful though, I’ve noticed other people looking at your workbench now too!

Angel Barracks

ha ha!!

Six down, many more to go…

Green terrain for the Southern Oceans games.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Looks the biz.  With those pineapple/Ananas plants you better watch out for shark tooth sword armed islanders, or perhaps flying tin cans full of juicy yellow rings.

Andrew Beasley
    Participant

Looks the biz. With those pineapple/Ananas plants you better watch out for shark tooth sword armed islanders, or perhaps flying tin cans full of juicy yellow rings.

Got to ask – does the natural coconut do more damage as it’s larger or does the tin as it’s metal?

Ignoring my silly mood – the terrain looks great.

telzy amber
    Participant

Great looking terrain

Angel Barracks

Thanks all, master mould samples:

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Poor guy, needs some clothes as he looks a bit cold. 

Looks like they all came out spiffy.

Gone Fishing
    Participant

They turned out very well. Can’t wait to see paint on ’em!

Angel Barracks

Looks like they all came out spiffy.

Not quite, a minor issue I am hoping can be easily fixed with a little vent, however from most angles they will be fine.
    But that is not good enough for sales, but it is in this case good enough for promo pics!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I like the cut of your jib.  I’m the same way, I won’t let something be sold unless it’s up to a standard that I myself would pay for.

Rhoderic
    Participant

A bit off-topic, but I listened to a YouTube reading of M.R. James’ “Canon Alberic’s Scrapbook” a few days back, and those ghouls would be very suitable as the creature from that story. I could certainly see a use for them as daemonic beings and not “just” ghouls. It helps that they look fairly imposing of stature.

Angel Barracks

Quick photos of the Grey Apes…

Onto the Ghouls/Creatures from that story now

Ralph Plowman
    Participant

Lovely apes!

Rhoderic
    Participant

I imagine the native civilisations refer to them as legendary “ghost apes” or something such. Very good contrast against the green of the jungle, in such a way that it still doesn’t clash at all. They look like they belong in a tropical forest, but are “special” creatures within that context.

Angel Barracks

Thanks.
    I was unsure about what colour, but figured the grey would as you note, work well with the lush green jungle.
    No way that colour would have worked for the Burning Sands.

Rhoderic
    Participant

No way that colour would have worked for the Burning Sands.

Once I paint a set of grey-white apes I’ll have no qualms about using them on a desert board, though. It’s a good look in the John Carter film, for instance. And it seems a shame to artificially limit the multi-usefulness of figures that way.

Angel Barracks

I can see them working on a few desert settings I think, mine seems very pale compared to most…

Anyhow..

Working on the Ghouls, not sure what colour to do their hair.

Your thoughts?

Steelonsand
    Participant

Ace Gorillas! – liking the grey look – talking of grey, maybe a sort of bleached hair washed green for the ghouls – sort of LOTR movie army of the dead Type of thing…..?

Xander Warren
    Participant

Finally reached the end of the thread a few weeks after starting!

Amazing work all the way through Mike – and it’s really shaped my Sword and Sorcery thoughts (even if I am still scale conflicted!).

Angel Barracks

Thanks dude, it is a bit of a read.

Angel Barracks

I have been experimenting with my vacuum chamber and whilst still learning, I wanted to see if it would work with the undercut on the centre piece to this:

So good news.
    The astute may spot a different colour to the resin.
    My regular stuff cures so fast, the vacuum chamber can barely suck any air out, so I am having to use a new resin.
    It cures much more slowly so it works in the chamber, but is slightly less bouncy, so be careful.
    The old resin is sturdy as anything but not this new stuff so much.

works well though?

Xander Warren
    Participant

Like I said on Facebook – it looks great!

Wondering how well it would work in 28mm 😉

Angel Barracks

Not as good as with 15mm

Xander Warren
    Participant

Not quite as good… but still usable I reckon 😀

Thanks Mike! (Afraid I might ask for a few other size comparisons at some point – still want to support as much as I can, even if I do end up following the dark path of 28mm)

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

That is a great looking piece Mike, and bonus that the new resin works as you had hoped.  Opens all sorts of possibilities now.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Looks equally useful in both scales to me.

Angel Barracks

Looks equally useful in both scales to me.

No no, clearly mistaken, Xander is defo going to need to sell all his 28mm and replace it with new shiny 15mm.

😀  😛

Xander Warren
    Participant

Sssh

I did seriously consider it. But I just don’t get enough painting time in to replace it all in 15mm, even with how fast they are. 😛

And I decided that simply  starting a new scale would just see me buried under the veg beds. Possibly in several places under the beds :-/

Still, I could probably justify  a few 15mm if/as we ever get a game in 😉

Rhoderic
    Participant

I just see it as a very desirable thing when a miniature or a terrain piece lets you keep your options open regarding branching off into new scales later on. Buy it for using with one scale now, and be reassured knowing it lowers the threshold for investing in another scale later.

Xander Warren
    Participant

Well said 🙂

Thorsten Frank
    Participant

You are really funny, guys – I´m currently thinking about replacing all my 28mm and 6mm stuff with 15mm.
    So far has it come….

"In strange grammar this one writes" - Master Yoda

Xander Warren
    Participant

He’s a bad influence isn’t he??

Matthew Kirkhart
    Participant

Oh dear, one terrain piece closer to a Battle in the Ruins game from the 1982 Arnold Conan movie … looks awesome.  Also good for a secret entrance for a dungeon crawl game, obviously.

Xander Warren
    Participant

That cave entrance has set me thinking….

https://www.matakishi.net/caverns.html

Angel Barracks

Oh dear, one terrain piece closer to a Battle in the Ruins game from the 1982 Arnold Conan movie … looks awesome. Also good for a secret entrance for a dungeon crawl game, obviously.

crikey, I had not actually noticed that, maybe I should make a load of standing stones and spikes in the ground?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.