Home Forums Sci Fi 6mm Sci-Fi Adeptus Titanicus and Epic 40K

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    willz
    Participant

As I am going through a bit of a retro phase at the moment.  Does any still play these games, I see on the web that GW is apparently releasing a newer version of Adeptus Titanicus in resin and 8mm scale 2016 -17? What’s the feeling old 6mm or new 8mm?

Rhoderic
    Participant

They’re going up to 8mm? Shrewd. If true, it’s clearly intended to undercut the market for third-party Epic proxy miniatures, 6mm terrain and old second-hand official Epic miniatures, while at the same time justifying higher prices.

They have every right to do so, of course, and they seem to have been left with little recourse but to finagle in wily ways like this to stay ahead of cheaper third-party look-alike miniature manufacturers. But my sympathies these days are with those other manufacturers and the grassroots community that has kept Epic alive for all the years GW didn’t want to. I hope “third party Epic” will continue to thrive, regardless of whether “official GW Epic” does or not.

That said, it’s kind of interesting to see a return to a focus on Titans. They’re one of the cooler aspects of the 40K universe.

Rhoderic
    Participant

Come to think of it, going up to 8mm may also be an attempt to move in on Dropzone Commander and Firestorm Planetfall (which are 10mm). Well, I’m sure there’s room for everyone.

Stroezie
    Participant

Hmm…                 …. does anyone still play?

Lets see………..

…….here you go Link

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Stroezie.

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Mr. Average
    Participant

Well never one to avoid plugging the smaller scales, I’d point out that there is a new line of Onslaught Miniatures heavy tank-sized walkers that, at 3mm scale, would be amazing Imperial Titans.

As to the health of the game and community, I think there are tons of people playing, and there’s such a cottage industry of finding proxies and otherwise getting around GW’s obstinate policies through resale that I don’t foresee it ending anytime soon. Frankly, the supposed reboot of AT seems to be getting something of the Eye-Roll Sequence from those who suspect that it’s intended to produce a rarity and won’t last for long.

Personally, I’m most content with my 3mm scale Horus Heresy set. It’s just right for me, and plays 3rd ed. Space Marine with no modification whatsoever. I see others being just as willing to keep doing their runs around the new set as the old one, as well.

It’s kind of like Star Wars at this point: it’s gone beyond the point where any of the original creators have anything really substantive to add to it.

willz
    Participant

Cheers for the link Stroezie, and for the imfomation Mr Average.  Hopefully I will get something together over the next few months.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Funny this comes up, as I just played a game of Adeptus 2 weeks ago, using my old minis (and I do mean old!) and the old FOAM buildings (yep, first edition!). Had 2 Reavers and a Warlord destroyed, the later by a vortex missile. Suuuucked! (literally! Lol!) I kind of miss the complex damage system that made the titans feel more alive, it just had much more character than the later “post-Space Marine” editions.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Mike
    Keymaster

I had them!!

I felt compelled to sand off the nobbly bits.

willz
    Participant

I have spent the afternoon refitting 4 Titans I won on flea-bay, lots of drilling, filling and making.  Flash back to the late 80’s, hopefully I will get a game in soon.

willz
    Participant

Work in progress

Mike
    Keymaster

super blast!!
    Don’t recognise the last one on the right, those ribbed barrels?
    Saying that, don’t recognise that massive one on the left either.

Used to love this game and its campaign system.

willz
    Participant

Cheers Mike, those last two are conversions, left a 28mm 40k laser (now super heavy laser), right plastic screws (now vortex cannons).

Rhoderic
    Participant

Plastic screws as weapon conversions. That’s so delightfully Oldhammer.

Looking good so far!

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I don’t know about that pink one, looking a little chaotic… 😉

Great to see the old monsters getting a treatment!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

willz
    Participant

First paint job done, just have to think of some names for my titan units any suggestions for names most welcome.  Also need to make some banners.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.