Home Forums Fantasy Burning Sands Alex’s Corner of the Burning Sands

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

I decided to get basically the entire Burning Sands back catalogue (well, what was available at the time) from Crom’s Anvil recently – and true to form I then also went and got a pile more random miniatures that I thought might work for my own take on the Burning Sands.  I didn’t get pics of the minis before I primed them, but they include more Xyston, Donington, Pendraken, Ral Partha Europe and Alternative Armies.  I’m planning to get a few more bits and bobs on the minis front – because project scope creep is basically the only way I can function hobby wise.  It’s a good job this is 15mm!

Anyway, I also got a couple of ‘Arabian Gates’ from an eBay MDF seller – and I had some of Crom’s Anvil set dressing 3D printed stuff (and a few other random bits) knocking about too, so I assembled the Gates and made up a few bases of goods that can form a simple marketplace type area (just add merchants!).  I snapped a quick pic to share as I’m pretty happy with how they look even in their untextured, unpainted state:

WIP Burning Sands scenic pieces
    I added a couple of barrels/jars to the tops of the Gates to just add a little detail.

I’ll add to this thread as I work through the stack of prepped minis – it’ll be slow and my brain doesn’t co-operate too often for painting so please bear with me!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)
    practising hobby eclecticism

Angel Barracks

Coolio.
    Do you reckon the gate detailing will be visible after painting?

Alex
    Participant

Coolio. Do you reckon the gate detailing will be visible after painting?

if it’s anything like the store signs on my Wild West MDF buildings it’ll show through the primer enough so I can work with it at the painting stage. Doubt it’ll reward washing techniques too much, but we’ll see!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Alex
    Participant

2 bronze statue scenic pieces

a couple of CP Models Sumerians I’ve used as bronze statues to make a start on the Burning Sands stuff. As much to help me dial in on a basing scheme as anything!

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Mike
    Keymaster

oooh that is a nice effect.

Alex
    Participant

Thanks Mike! I tried to not go overboard with the oxide and dust 😂

Alex (Does Hobby Stuff)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.