Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Aliens in 54mm at Salute

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

They’re coming out of the walls, man!

Marines, we are leaving!

More to come….

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
    Participant

One of my favourite film franchises ever.  I have small Aliens, big Aliens, LEGO Aliens, Alien video games, the works.  I need to know more about this game, please!

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

I second Deephorse. First of all, it is lovely seeing some 54mm goodness here at TWW – we don’t see much of it and it’s by far my preferred scale. Everything is looking just great, like a scene out of Aliens, which I’d guess is the point. I’d love to hear how you sourced the figures and some details about the game planned. Can we hope for an AAR with pics?

Participant

I second Deephorse. First of all, it is lovely seeing some 54mm goodness here at TWW

Well we often do show games in a bigger scale at the Warlords: (1/10th Star Trek, 1/35th Daleks; 1/35th Machinenen Krieger [or whatever it’s called], 1/6th scale Jason and the Argonauts and so on) or games with a bigger model use like 15mm Stingray but the subs were 8 inches long! The last couple of games we’ve done have been 15mm (Dark Side of the Moon and UFO) and we’ve done 15mm big games in the past (15mm Slammers on a 30ft long table…) but yes: it’s nice to do some propper ‘toy soldier’ sized gaming 🙂

As for details, well I’ve only been helping out with the terrain modelling components and taking some snaps but I can say that the scenery is a combination of resin from Ainsty and (for the lift shafts) MDF and wire mesh. The figures are… not sure about that but the Aliens are a combo of heavily modded ‘collectable’ Aliens (modded mostly with heat and snapping heads and re-gluing to get more out of just the four basic poses) painted in metal dry brush and Tamiya clear acrylics.

Rules will be a very heavily modded version of the old Leading Edge Games set from the eighties (as I recall).

The guys will be having their first outing at Salute and – in my duties on the day of snapping the show for a write up in MW – I will certainly take some more pics!

John Treadaway

www.hammers-slammers.com
    http://www.hammers-slammers.com

"They don't have to like us, snake, they just have t' make the payment schedule" Lt Cooter - Hammer's Slammers
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.