Home Forums Air and Sea Naval All about me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rory McCreadie
    Participant

Hi All,

Some of you may know already. I have been told I have cancer. At frist only in my lower Oesophagus. 10 days later they also found it in a Lymph gland in my chest. The out-look is not the best, but I’m going to fight it all the way! I start treatment on Thursday 21st. I have little information as yet on how long or which chemo treatment they will give me. So I may not be posting for a little bit from then on.

I wish all my ship-mates here a Merry Christmas and good dice rolls in the new year. I plan too.

Be safe

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

Bandit
    Participant

May make all your critical saving rolls.

Cheers,

The Bandit

kyoteblue
    Participant

Rage against the dying of the light.

Awful news. Let your medical experts do what they have to & on your part, remain as positive as possible. It can be beat.

donald

McKinstry
    Participant

Kick ass on every traitorous cell and do it with my prayers and best wishes. I know you’ll roll high!

The tree of Life is self pruning.

Paul
    Participant

Good luck and stay positive.

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Rory:

Rise again! Rise again! Stan Rogers inspirational words from the song “The Mary Ellen Carter”

Fight! Paint! Heal! Game! Live! Love!

Cheers and be well.

Rod (Rory) Robertson.

Rory McCreadie
    Participant

Guys

Thank you all for your great posts.

be safe

Rory

He who says he makes no mistakes, is making the biggest mistake of all. Or does bugger all. Rory

Rory,

Break the line, let loose with both broadsides and rake it from stem to stern!

–jeff

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Volunteer
    Participant

You already have heard from me my friend. Play, paint, game, build, roll, maneuver, re-enact, keep at all you love! Don’t let up. We are praying for you.

Vol

"Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing"
    Wernher von Braun

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Dammit, Rory.  Treat this cancer like a fight with a pirate.  You’re under no obligation to fight fair.  Do whatever it takes to win, kick its ass, and run the rest of its companions up a yardarm for a quick dance.

On a related note, if there’s anything we can do for you on this side of the Atlantic, please do not hesitate to ask.

BWW

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Rory McCreadie
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m back from chemo. I see my life as B.C. (Before Cancer) and A.D. (After Drugs). My B.C. life is over! I’m now into A.D. life. This life is not worse just different.  I hope to start painting again. Something I must do. As you can see in my photo B.C. me had long hair. As I know I will loose my head I cut it off. So A.D. starts with a new short haired me. Must start painting. My Chemo is in cycles. 2 plus hour of pumped with drugs (Poison) then 21 days of tablet chemo. I week off, Oh! scans and tests then start all over again. They tell me it does not get better as you go on! Must paint!

Thanks for all your support.

Be safe

Rory A.D.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

keep that same high spirit, my good sir!  Whip the crap out of that nasty cancer!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Norm S
    Participant

I wish you well Rory and hope that the calming friend of painting brings you some joy.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Norm S.

I’ve had the honor to know a number of cancer survivors. They have all had a passion for something. We’re pulling for you.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.