Home Forums Terrain and Scenery ameteur cheap 6mm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I wanted a 6mm game to allow more of the war in wargaming, I am fedup with skirmish games at 28mm. I dont have any money right now too. I also have the airfix battles introductory wargame rules that i love for solo play. So I got my armour out of the tide of iron boardgame as they look like 6mm, the rules i am just going to use armore and ATG with a few infantry. I am going to use axix and allies infantry figs because they have nice round bases, I have the counters for ATGs in the airfix battles box as i dont have any in plastic.

I have never had a 6mm game so I had no terrain or scenery, so i cut up some foam into squares, they were rough so only dots for windows were possible, they dont look pro but they will do for me, I created a coastal city in one day, it took a day for the paint to dry but it was really easy and no cost. I quite like the look of it.

I cutup some black vynal for roads, I am going to make some more yet.

I also tried making a church and a house out of clay you can see on the hill, but i did not think they look to good.

Keymaster

Fair play. I bet the sponge buildings are easy to store!

They may not look amazing but it is very clear what they are meant to be, which ultimately is the point?

Participant

Thanks Mike, good insight. It was suggested to me it looks like Grozny, so I am going to research the ww2 battle.

Participant

Good shout, getting a game to table is the priority. I’m sure that as economic realities get tighter, we will see a shift back to yesteryear, when much more of this sort of thing was more common and games were marvellous.

I had trees made from matchsticks with cotton wool balls glued to them, with very thin green poster paint dripped in to give green foliage. My hills were 3 sizes of foam circles increasing in size, stacked and stitched together with ordinary cotton.

Participant

matchsticks are definatly going back to yesteryear, I have not seen a real matchstick for decades 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.