Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Another Bughunt

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

I am working on painting the various 28mm miniatures for Another Glorious Day in the Corps—I have the main box and 2 expansions, and have the hazards/assets/bits box plus more xenomorph warriors on preorder. Here’s what I’ve painted so far, more humans/androids and a powerloader still left to paint.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

Wow, those really look fantastic Nathaniel, the green helps give them a bit more life and definition.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

ian pillay
    Participant

I really like the metallic green on those aliens. Makes them look, well very, alien. If that makes sense.

Tally-Ho!

Zac
    Participant

It all looks great. Have you though about giving the aliens heads a touch of gloss coat? They always seemed slick and shiny in the movies

Mike
    Keymaster

It’s reading right man, look!!

Nathaniel Weber
    Participant

Thanks, all!

It all looks great. Have you though about giving the aliens heads a touch of gloss coat? They always seemed slick and shiny in the movies

Hi Zac, I decided not to do the glossy head-dome look for these. The xenomorphs in Aliens didn’t have the same smooth domes, but I will go extra-glossy if they release the smooth-domed beasties at some point. Also, I was worried how gloss varnish might affect the funky color-shifting paint I used on these.

(From what I understand, the head castings were damaged in shipping, but James Cameron et al liked how the support material under the smooth dome looked, so they dressed that up and used it as is; I think a lot of the Alien expanded universe material has explained it as the smooth dome being a drone or infiltrator physiology, and the heavily textured creatures being a warrior sub-type in a more developed hive like in the 2nd movie.)

Zac
    Participant

Thanks, all!

Hi Zac, I decided not to do the glossy head-dome look for these. The xenomorphs in Aliens didn’t have the same smooth domes, but I will go extra-glossy if they release the smooth-domed beasties at some point. Also, I was worried how gloss varnish might affect the funky color-shifting paint I used on these.

Didn’t think of the crenellations on the heads at all.

It might be a fun test to see what that paint does do under a gloss coat

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.