Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Another Cruel Seas Game

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Graham Harrison
    Participant

Colin and I took our Cruel Seas boats for another outing at club on Friday, joined by Keiron who seems to be in danger of catching the CS bug. https://tringwargames.blogspot.com/2019/12/more-little-boats-and-even-smaller-boats.html

20191213_200053 by sunjester[/url], on Flickr

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I’d bet that the Admiralty would not consider that fight a draw at all.  Ouch.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Graham Harrison
    Participant

I don’t think the German High Command will be overly impressed with the result either. Perhaps say both sides lost rather than calling it a draw?

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

What I found interesting is that, as in most 1-off games, both sides played until utter destruction.  So, query: would this game have been played differently if it were part of a campaign and one side or the others’ forces needed to be tracked and husbanded?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

Campaigns make you think about the next battle…

Graham Harrison
    Participant

I suspect it would have been quite different if it had been part of a campaign. My inclination in that situation, would be for the British to ignore the convoy and concentrate on the original target, launch all torpedoes in a nice criss-crossing spread, into the harbour and across the Type 34’s escape route, then leg it, hoping to take out the biggest threat for the next game.

However, that would have been a pretty boring evening for 3 players who were after a fun game for 2-3 hours. Horses for courses!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.