Home Forums Modern Another Progress Report

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

As I’ve mentioned previously, I’ve been working on knocking out troops and equipment, with a bit of painting, some putting an actual scale model together, and a whole lot of prying 10mm guys off pennies, gluing them to bigger bases, then flocking them.

I re-did a bunch of Warsaw Pact troops (pictured), as well as Argentinians, French Foreign Legion, and USMC (pics on the blog).

I also got more Pendraken Argentinians, FFL, and USMC ready for desert basing, then some more ‘green flock troops,’ Irregulars (such as paramilitaries/drug cartels) and US for Vietnam.

Then I did up a ride for my modern Marines, a CH-53. This is not one of my usual little metal minis, this was an old-fashioned plastic scale model that I had to put together (using Gorilla Glue as I didn’t think to buy any model cement, and I certainly didn’t have any on hand). I’m very happy with how it turned out.

I also finished up a platoon of LAVs.

Then I worked on some modern-ish 1/600 aicraft. Here is a flight of Israeli F-16s; I also have flights of USMC/USN F-18s, Syrian MiG-23s, and Iraqi MiG-29s.

To see about 30 more pics, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/03/another-progress-report.html

I’ve still got a ton of stuff to get done, but I am making progress.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Looks great Just Jack !! Now we need some AAR’s.

Participant

Very nice…the CH-53 turned out fantastic. Now just so you know there’s only room for one  show off around here…so let’s not get too cocky with the painting. Next thing we know you’ll have hills that don’t look like the floor of Grandma’s living room

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

Thanks guys.

Kyote – More AARs are coming, but bear with me, I’ve got to get forces ready so I can play to write AARs.

Panda – Don’t worry, I’m not getting cocky about painting.  I’m no artist, I’m out for mass production 😉

“Next thing we know you’ll have hills that don’t look like the floor of Grandma’s living room”
    Oh no I won’t.  I told you guys you’ve hardened my heart and now I will never change hills.  NEVER!

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

I swear to the Gods I will make Just Jack some 3-D hills when the weather gets better.

Participant

Just Jack:

Everything looks great so far and we are all looking forward to see what you do with them. Great work and great gaming are your hallmarks so don’t let jealous pandas rain on your parade.

Kyoteblue: and Just Jack:

please see the linked video which may be a fine compromise between Kyote’s 3-d zeal and Juck’s love of textile-based topography.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Hey those would work !!!

Participant

That is pretty cool. For larger mini’s we usually just do the “drape a sheet over the table, with some bundled up clothes under it”

Participant

Rod Roy and Mr Blue.

Don’t you understand? The whole entire reason Mr Jack does all of this is for his great love of carpet.

Don’t take away that one thing that makes sense to him…

It would be the equivalent of drowning a kitten in front of its 5 year old owner…

Hmmm….on second thoughts…

“The great Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad,
    For all their wars are merry, and all their songs are sad.”

Participant

Great looking stuff!  Don’t let them give you flak about your hills.  Of course, I think it is just a con by Jack to get free terrain from Kyote… Crazy like a fox.

Now push some lead!

http://jozistinman.blogspot.com/

Participant

Let’s be honest, if Jack did away with those hills, We’d all feel like we had just gotten rid of the old family dog.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.