Home Forums Ancients Another Threshing-Floor and an Altar to the Detestable God of the Ammonites.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Two minor additions to my Biblical settlement:

First an earth altar to the God of the Hebrews, as built by David in 2 Samuel 24 on the threshing-floor of Araunah in Jerusalem, later to become the site of the Temple of Solomon.

Priests are slightly converted Maccabean rabbis from Xyston. Sacrificial goat also from Xyston.

Another view whilst the sacrifice is being burned. Fire is stuff I bought yonks ago from Gale Force Nine.

An altar to Molech, the Detestable god of the Ammonites, which could equally serve Chemosh, the Detestable god of the Moabites. Either of these Detestable gods prefer children to goats…

I’m not at all sure where these figures are from, the priestesses may be from Donnington. The idol is an ancient Citadel model.

As always offerings must be burned so that the (Detestable) gods can smell them…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Participant

I really like what you have done with these, thank you, for posting them.

Participant

“And with flaming swords, the Aramites did pierce the eyes of their fellow-men, and did feast on what flowed forth.”

And with flaming swords, the Aramites did pierce the eyes of their fellow men...

Participant

Very nice.No, better than that, spectacular

You are correct about the two priestesses.

I am kind of unhappy with this notice

Due to the age of the Donnington ‘Original’ ranges, to achieve the best results, castings may require more substantive preparation prior to painting than our newer ranges

What does this mean? Lots of flash? Ah well. I loved the old Donnington figures, incredible character.

Keymaster

That is cool.

Due to the age of the Donnington ‘Original’ ranges, to achieve the best results, castings may require more substantive preparation prior to painting than our newer ranges

Sounds to me more like that moulds have torn and worn and there are extra metal chunks on the models where the metal has flowed into the gaps and that the details are vague and blurry due to to wear.
    Flash can happen on new moulds too, detail erosion not so much.

That is just a guess though.

Participant

Thanks, all, for the kind words.

Moulds, like all of us wear out in time, ‘though I’m unconvinced that anyone would believe that my expanding waistline is anything to do with excessive flash. Excessive chips, perhaps…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.