Home Forums General General April 23rd….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

For England, Harry and St. George!

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

bobm
    Participant

I’ve seen quite a few left handed St George kerniggits today via various formats.ย  It must mean something…

There's 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.....

Mike Headden
    Participant

He was Turkish and would have looked more like one of these than Mr. Buckethead

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Guy Farrish
    Participant

There you go, one right handed George wannabe.

Sane Max
    Participant

he was about as Turkish as King Arthur was English, but the sentiment is correct.

But I just painted my Own Teutonic Hochmeister Herr Eimer-Kopf, and have become fond of the bucket helm all the same, so would prefer it if that’s what George Looked Like though ๐Ÿ™‚

Lord Buckethead and pals off on a whirlwind adventure

Patrice
    Participant

he was about as Turkish as King Arthur was English

You’d be astonished by the number of French people (and many Breton people also, which is much worse) who would answer that King Arthur was English if you ask them.

http://www.argad-bzh.fr/argad/en.html
    https://www.anargader.net/

hammurabi70
    Participant

he was about as Turkish as King Arthur was English, but the sentiment is correct. But I just painted my Own Teutonic Hochmeister Herr Eimer-Kopf, and have become fond of the bucket helm all the same, so would prefer it if thatโ€™s what George Looked Like though ๐Ÿ™‚ Lord Buckethead and pals off on a whirlwind adventure

An interesting range of helms and armorial bearings. ย Is there a reason for so wide a range?

Mike Headden
    Participant

Mea culpa! Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa! ๐Ÿ™‚

I reckoned that, even in this erudite company, more people could place Turkey on a map than Cappadocia!

And, of course Arthur isn’t English. He’s Scottish, hence Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh ๐Ÿ˜‰

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is entirely optional!

Sane Max
    Participant

An interesting range of helms and armorial bearings. Is there a reason for so wide a range?

Them’s the Helms you get in the box. They have madder, even more Hollywood ones but I avoided them (actually I am guessing WarsawWood – anyone else here seen ‘The Teutons’ ? Polish Epic Movie Making at its very finest.)

Armorial Bearings on purpose, I didn’t want them looking uniform.

hammurabi70
    Participant

Armorial Bearings on purpose, I didnโ€™t want them looking uniform.

Are they drawn from actual sources or created by extension of general principles?

Sane Max
    Participant

dont ask me, i just applied them!

you didn’t think i had painted them on do you? Have you seen my paintjobs before? ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW

Mea culpa! Mea culpa! Mea maxima culpa!

no culps required, I wasn’t having a dig, It’s just it jarred – a bit like when I saw Montezuma described as an ‘American Leader’ it felt wrong straight away, if you get me. In any case, i dodged a huge bullet when I corrected you – i was going to say ‘he would have looked more religious anyway’ and made myself look stupid – I always get Saint George Mixed up with Saint Nick ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.