Home Forums WWII Are you a 6mm WWII wargamer?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone. Are you a 6mm WWII wargamer? If the answer is yes, great. I am searching for ways to meet more people that have the same interest so I decided to create a Facebook group aimed only at 6mm WWII wargamers.

Here is a link to the new group. Feel free to invite your 6mm WWII wargaming friends too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/401816918241244/?ref=share

People interested in 6mm covering the period between WWII and today are also invited.

Have a great day!

Keymaster

Why would you be blocked?

Participant

Because it’s kind of a self-promotion for my group outside of this forum.

Keymaster

That’s fine dude. No worries.

Participant

That’s fine dude. No worries.

You mean I can post the link here?

Keymaster

Totally. No problem.

Participant

Thank you very much. I have put the link in the first post of this thread. I hope everything is ok.

Keymaster

All good!

Participant

6mm WW2 is one of my things. Saves space.

Participant

6mm WW2 is one of my things. Saves space.

That’s exactly one of the reason I went with 6mm. It saves space, is less expensive and it will allow me to create bigger battles and terrains.

Why not join my group? The group is growing fast.

Participant

I already joined this morning. As soon as I saw this thread. I like that I can have a nice sized fight on a table of 3×3. It is great. I like that I can store my armies in small boxes.

Participant

While saving space is a good benefit, I see gaining the space made available on a ‘normal-sized’ tabletop between the units as the biggest plus.  Both the actual inches of terrain as well as the visual picture presented to the players that better communicates the reality being represented with as little translation required.  Reducing (or better: eliminating) the difference between figure and ground scales goes a long way towards improving the modeling of the action on the table, which is (imo) what gaming is all about.

https://brawlfactory.net/

Participant

Anyone else interested in joining us?

Participant

Because it’s kind of a self-promotion for my group outside of this forum.

Finally, I have deleted my Facebook group and my Facebook account. I had three warnings just yesterday for petty things so adios Facebook.

Is it possible to delete this thread? Thanks for your help.

Participant

Hi everyone. Are you a 6mm WWII wargamer? If the answer is yes, great. I am searching for ways to meet more people that have the same interest

You could join the io group.

[email protected]

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Participant

Good catch hammurabi. i am a member of that io group and it could use a little more life. Good place to go and start your thinkings…

Participant

So I posted my 6mm infantry basing question to the 6mm IO Groups looking for input. Just has to be approved. Looking forward to replies.

Participant

Good catch hammurabi. i am a member of that io group and it could use a little more life. Good place to go and start your thinkings…

Maybe.  I started a 2mm and 6mm IO group when the YAHOO groups closed down but neither take up nor usage has been very great.  Aggregator sites like this one seem to service people well.  Facebook is popular but I stay away from it so cannot comment about it.

www.olivercromwell.org; www.battlefieldstrust.com
    6mm wargames group: [email protected]; 2mm wargames group: [email protected]

Participant

I liked that 6mm group. Shame.

Participant

There is a quite active 6mm FB group.

Many of the old yahoo groups pretty much died after yahoo decided to kill them off and they were ported to other platforms. A real shame.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Well still stuck with youtube but I see two 6mm wargame groups. One is 6mm wargaming and terrain and the other is 6mm miniatures and wargaming. They both have similar numbers of members and posts so not being a member of either which are you suggesting?

Participant

Hey Madman,

I replied to your infantry question on the io group.  I just joined, so it might be a little bit, before the message is approved.

Participant

Thank you.

Participant

Still looking for advice on which 6mm FB group. Or join BOTH?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.