Home Forums General General Arrrgh curse you you stupid (insert word)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Do you find your newest and most recently painted models die first?
    Is it because we shove them into the fray as they are new and want to show them off, and they get targeted first?
    Is it just the way it goes, new models die first?
    Or is it just me?

Normally, although I have not used my Pathfinder Paladin Warrior yet…
    It does shout bullet magnet though.

🙁

Participant

“Do you find your newest and most recently painted models die first?”

Yep.  Having spent many hours lovingly painting them etc and eagerly anticipating their debut on the battlefiled, they envariably fail. Sad really…

Participant

Reminds me of the debut of my shiny new UN contingent……the warring factions all turned on them and wiped them out……….equipping themselves with the surviving apc’s and tanks!

My ‘Carius Tiger’ platoon suffered a similar fate, rampaging against Soviet armour only to bog down, breakdown and then get destroyed by ‘heroic’ Soviet infantry, the last one rumbled to the ‘table exit’ to be picked off by an anti tank gun……….grumble!

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Participant

In 40 year of gaming, the newest best painted invincible troops always die or run away, it just happens like that.

Participant

I always put new units in the reserve, we had a superstition that if a new unit failed on it’s first outing that would set it’s fate henceforth. complete crap of course but not one I was willing to test

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel
    Slowly Over A Low Flame

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.