Home Forums WWII Assault on Point 143 – A Don Featherstone Skirmish Wargaming WW2 AAR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Please see here for an AAR featuring another scenario stolen from Just Jack’s blog: a plucky US patrol attempts to take out a German machinegun nest.

Participant

Another great AAR, thanks!

Participant

John,

Another excellent fight, pretty dicey with the point blank gunfight in the wood, but your Sgt Cherry is quite the lucky fellow (better to be lucky than good)!

And ruthless as well! We took prisoners, whereas your bloodthirsty marauders just chucked a couple frags in! 😉

V/R,

Jack

Participant

Thanks both, I appreciate it.  I like to think of it as Sgt Cherry’s speed and aggression allowed him to be lucky…except for that German grenadier who missed at point-blank range.  That was pure fluke!

More seriously, because of the lack of morale rules and the fact that wounded enemies in these rules can still be fairly dangerous, it is mechanically harder to be in a position to take prisoners than in say Nuts! or the WRG Infantry Action rules and that is a definite weakness.

Participant

Ahh, I see! Yeah, the lack of pin/suppression results really changes the cosmetics of the situation.

V/R,

Jack

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.