Home Forums Modern Attack on safe house Mogadishu 12th July 1993

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Attack on safe house Mogadishu 12th July 1993

Lots more photos of the battle in the gallery as always at http://www.victorian-steel.com/

On 12 July 1993, a U.S.-led operation was launched on what was believed to be a safe house where Aidid was hiding in Mogadishu.

[/url]
    image upload free[/url]

During the 17-minute combat operation, U.S. Cobra attack helicopters fired 16 TOW missiles and thousands of 20-millimeter cannon rounds into the compound, killing 60 people. However, the number of Somali fatalities was disputed. Abdi Qeybdiid, Aidid’s interior minister, claimed 763 dead, including women and children who had been in the safe house.

[/url]
    image ru[/url]

The reports Jonathan Howe got after the attack placed the number of dead at 20, all men. The International Committee of the Red Cross set the number of dead at 54. As it happened, Aidid was nowhere in sight.

[/url]
    image[/url]

[/url]
    upload pic[/url]

The operation would lead to the deaths of four journalists – Dan Eldon, Hos Maina, Hansi Kraus and Anthony Macharia – who were killed by angry Mogadishu mobs when they arrived to cover the incident,which presaged the Battle of Mogadishu.

[/url]
    imagen[/url]

Some believe that this American attack was a turning point in unifying Somalis against U.S. efforts in Somalia, including former moderates and those opposed to the Habar Gidir.

[/url]
    temp image upload[/url]

[/url]
    free image uploading[/url]

[/url]
    imgurl[/url]

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

Keymaster

I like it, there are some nice little touches that help it look that bit more real.

Question around the website that you linked to, I can’t click the images or the topic headers on the main page, is that as intended?

Participant

Great looking game.

Participant

I like it, there are some nice little touches that help it look that bit more real.
    Question around the website that you linked to, I can’t click the images or the topic headers on the main page, is that as intended?

At the top click Victorian gallery – then it takes you to a large section of folders, just click on the title of the folder and click view as a slide show or click any picture you want to view

Willyoupleasehelpmefixmykeyboard?Thespacebarisbroken!

Participant

Great looking stuff.  You did a great job on the buildings, the figs, … everything.

Have you seen this?  http://gcmini.mybigcommerce.com/28mm-blackhawk-down-target-building-28mmdf085/

Mogadeshu Target Building

Allen Rockwell
    GameCraft Miniatures
    Business: www.gcmini.com
    My Blog: www.allensmicroarmor.com

Participant

Malc:

Why did you post this thread twice or am I missing something? Anyway it was a great post before and it’s still great a week later. You lovely work is priming my miniature pump for an African dimension to my modern skirmish projects. Well done! You have inspired me.

Rod Robertson.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.