Home Forums WWI Balkan Wars campaign begins at Sarantaporo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Happy New Year! As one of my projects for this year, I plan to work my way gradually through a Balkan Wars campaign. It’s already started with a bang. Photo-AAR here.

Participant

How timely.  Just yesterday, a friend at the club was returning the BBB rules and books I had lent him, as he was interested, and discussion turned to the Balkan Wars book – an interesting period for both of us, but quite intimidating from a terrain standpoint.

Your article about the Balkan scenario was very enjoyable to read, and the article about methods to represent hills was very interesting, and as I mentioned, timely!  Much appreciated!

(And mark me down for a copy of the upcoming Napoleonic scenario book; as we’ve actually got those armies in 6mm, we’re quite looking forward to trying those battles!)

Participant

Cheers, Tony! Yes, the major trouble with the Balkan Wars is, well, the Balkans … you can see why the Great Powers preferred to fight WWI in Flanders and the Ukraine, much less trouble to set up the terrain.  😉  But it is worth the effort of creating an intricate tabletop for the distinctive character of the game it produces. Hopefully some of the tips about how to do hills will help to make it feasible for you and your clubmate.

As for the Napoleonic scenario book: yesterday morning I finished compiling it and sent it off to Mark and to Scott at SkirmishCampaigns to check whether it is ready to print. Still probably a few months away for various other reasons, but we should see it this year.

Chris

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.