Home Forums General General Batting For Both Teams

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

99% of my gaming is solo, so I always collect both sides in any conflict I intend to game – I am just wondering how many other gamers do the same? Always? Sometimes? Never?

Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

Participant

Always. My gaming interests are practically never in line with the prevailing taste consensus at the club, so I have to rely on having a full set of both sides at all times.

Keymaster

I do this…
    But then with it being 6mm, it is not that much of a hardship!

Saying that, there are 2 people in the world that I occasionally game with so it is not all solo.
    Even better, those 2 people have their own 6mm sci-fi!

woohooo

😀

Participant

Always. Like you, Paul, my miniatures wargaming is almost exclusively solitaire.

Cheers,
    Scott

"Ventosa viri restabit." ~ Harry Field

Participant

Paul:

Pretty much always with ancients to ultra-moderns. And also often more than just two sides.

Cheers.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Yeap always. I hate rebasing when we change rules.

Winning is not important but losing i just can't handle..
    blog http://flownlegions.blogspot.com.es
    web http://www.angelfire.com/games4/bobsgames/hair_curlers.htm

Participant

Occasionally, never for anything in 28mm or above platoon sized forces for 20mm, but I don’t game solitaire except to learn a system before showing others.

Participant

Me too.

Participant

I have several sides for WW2, Medieval, for my 18th century I have the French which I use for both sides in my imagination armies.

Participant

About 20 years ago I started collecting both sides, it makes life easier.

Spectator

I’m pretty much a solitaire player so, yes. I’m obliged (or have an excuse) to build a fat number of armies. So far exclusively in 28mm but I’m considering some Hellenistic stuff in 15mm from Xyston.

Participant

Though I’ve only started solo gaming in recent years, I’ve almost always built both sides.

Participant

15mm works for me as I have room to store it and all my terrain works with almost all my armies.

Participant

Most of my wargaming is solo now, so both sides it is for me.  Even when I lived in a town with a wargames club, I still found it a good idea to do opposing sides.

Participant

Because of where I live, I do solo gaming, but not exclusively–say 70-30% It all depends on the availability of friends and if they want to play what I want to.   I still do opposing sides in all cases.

Participant

I don’t do any solo gaming but like to host games, I am just as happy running a game as I am participating as a player. So these days I always do both sides/multiple factions.

Participant

Both sides.  Only once have I ever collected one side and that was in my very early gaming days with a 6mm Modern British force in 1980.  Languished without being gamed with for 35 years – until 2 weeks ago! – due to me not owning miniature opponents.  I play mostly solo these days, but back in the day when I was not, I usually supplied both sides.

Participant

Always buy/ paint both sides for any period I do.

“the regular troops, who had the keen edge of sensibility rubbed off by strict discipline and hard service, saw the confusion with but little emotion.” 

Participant

I have always collected both sides.  It makes the painting less boring and you can always draw a line down the middle so that no one nicks all the old Guard.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.