Home Forums WWII Battle for Moscow – boardgame

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This is the 3Ci magazine version published, simulating the drive of German Army Group Centre towards Moscow in late 1941.

It was originally designed as an easy play (4 pages of rules) game and given away freely to introduce new players to basic principles boardgame systems and mechanics.

It gives a good game and is a lot of fun even for veteran gamers. I have put up a brief After Action Report over on the blog.

Link

http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.com/2022/10/battle-for-moscow-operation-typhoon-1941.html

Participant

Thanks Norm.

There is an online version available (I’m sure we’ve had this on TWW somewhere before), with solitaire/or hot seat version available.

Battle For Moscow

Nice AAR write up.

Participant

Well that was interesting.  No matter what I pressed I couldn’t get to play as the Germans.  Playing as the Soviets I managed to lose Moscow on game turn 2!  More practice required no doubt.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Participant

Losing Moscow isn’t the end – you can retake it with the replacement points and units you receive and still win (I nearly always lose Moscow in the beginning).

To play as Germans –  click on left lower bar with iron cross v red star (vice one on right – red star v iron cross). Ignore solitaire/hot seat button (upper right) unless you want to play both sides.

Participant

Thanks Guy, the computer sim is a very good sim of the boardgame and I play on it a lot.

The soviets need to use their initial reinforcements to occupy Moscow and Tula plus the fortifications in front of Moscow

Participant

Thanks Guy.  I realised that that was how to play as Germans, but I couldn’t work out how to deploy the German units on the map.  But I have now.  Needless to say that as the Germans I can’t capture Moscow on Turn 2!  Yet more practice required.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.