Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Battle of Minden 1759

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Miles
    Participant

On the last weekend of August at New Buckenham we re-fought the Battle of Minden from 1759 during the Seven Years War (SYW). The rules we used were Post of Honour which we have found to be very successful for playing large SYW battles. The game started on the Friday night and concluded on the Saturday.

I had command of the Allied right flank around Hahlen for what turned out to be a bloody fought encounter that resulted effectively in a stalemate.

Overall the battle resulted in a narrow French victory as the allies failed to pierce the French lines at any point.

For more on this game see my blog entry at Jabba’s Wargaming

Tony.

willz
    Participant

Excellent post Tony, thanks for sharing.  Lots of 18th century eye candy say hello to Gary from me.

Willz.

Anthony Miles
    Participant

Will do Willz, lots of his figures on those tables, then he umpires rather than plays 🙂

Keith Flint
    Participant

Tony, forgive me for coming late to this post. What an excellent looking game – most inspiring!

I’m glad you are enjoying Post of Honour – thanks for putting up the link. For anyone reading this and interested in the SYW, the rules are free to download. I hope to have version 7 up on the website soon.

Cheers, Keith Flint.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.