Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Battle of Palikao 1860 – 2nd “Opium” War & the Taiping Rebellion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Did a solo re-fight of the biggest battle from the Franco-British “invasion” of China, in 1860. We’re coming up for the 160th anniversary, so why not. There’s a full write up over on my blog: Battle of Palikao. I did it in 15mm, using Irregular Miniature figures.Palikao 1

I’ve been doing a lot of 19th century Chinese stuff recently, such as I can, what with one thing and another. We recently had a go at the EVA attacking Taipings in a town: EVA Town Attack

EVA town attack

Finally, taking advantage of the earlier nice weather, we also had a go at a full-on Taipings v Imperial battle: Taipings v Imperials

Taipings v Imps

All of this activity was brought about as we’ve been working on a set of rules specifically for warfare in mid-19th century China, called (of course) “Taiping Era”, which is tempting fate a little bit. They’re available on Wargame Vault and Amazon.

Participant

Just had a chance to read up on the battle reports using your Taiping rules. Fascinating stuff. I don’t know much about the Taiping era but I certainly now want to! I’m also very interested in doing the Indian Mutiny in 10mm so I will be picking up these rules and the Indian Mutiny supplement. Thanks very much for sharing.

Participant

You need to have a word with Leon at Pendraken. He has the figures for the 1860 campaign European armies. If he did a Boxer Rising range of Chinese, plus a few packs of Taipings you’d be well away. The Indian Mutiny supplement might be another month. Having decided I could do the job in 2 sides of A4, I find that they have grown a little bit in the writing down process.

Participant

I just added my vote to the Taiping request topic on the Pendraken forum 😊.

Participant

I’d add my vote too, but can’t find the posting.

Participant

I added it under the Boxer Rebellion request thread – I asked specifically for Taiping Chinese as these were included in the discussion as well as the EVA.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.