Home Forums WWI Battle of Sheikh Sa’ad 1916 – The Action

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

https://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.com/2020/03/battle-of-sheikh-saad-1916-action.html

Hi,

In a bid to reduce the traffic to my blog by 2/3rds I’ve put up the After Action Report for the WW1 Mesopotamia game we did at Christmas.

It’s a real shame that there isn’t more interest in this theatre of the war, it’s so much more varied than the Western Front. But I shall continue my attempts at swimming uphill promoting the exploits of the British and Empire Forces (and the Turkish) in this fascinating Campaign.

So for those of you who do click the link, I’ve done a picture based review of our game, hopefully of interest.

The Mesopotamia collection will be back in 2021 !

Regards Ken
    The Yarkshire Gamer

Http://yarkshiregamer.blogspot.co.uk

Tony S
    Participant

Your attempt to relieve bandwidth on your blog server failed to deter me! I just love reading about the more obscure conflicts and theatres.

Very happy you posted this. Fascinating campaign. The Turks were actually a decent army, and as I’ve got a WW1 Russian army, I’ve been struggling not to buy a Turkish army to face them in the Caucasus.

But my forces are only 15mm. That is one mighty impressive 28mm set of opponents you’ve assembled, with some nice terrain. The sandy dunes mat looks really evocative. Damn shame you don’t being them out into the light of day more often.

Good choice of rules as well.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

I’m with Tony, a very good looking game and a fascinating theater of combat.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

kyoteblue
    Participant

Great looking game, thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.