Home Forums Renaissance Battle of White Mountain: A Twilight of Divine Right AAR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Whirlwind
    Participant

Please see here for an AAR of the Battle of White Mountain, using Baccus 6mm figures and the Twilight of Divine Right rules.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Quite a fight.

Was that part of your ‘Game Day’? I should imagine it occupied a fair chunk of it.

It’s a very ‘dense’ battle isn’t it? How big was the table?

I can begin to see how the depth thing might work.

That is a lot of cavalry.

I definitely need more – particularly ‘light’ horse.

Great stuff as usual – thanks for posting.

Hwiccee
    Participant

Whirlwind: Thanks for another great AAR. I will post on your blog as well 🙂

Guy Farrish: I think it is worth pointing out that White Mountain is quite unusual in the number of light horse that were there. Most TYW have a lot less but the battles do have quite a lot of cavalry.

MartinR
    Participant

Great stuff! White Mountain has been on my to do list for ages.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Whirlwind
    Participant

Many thanks all.

@Guy
    : The table was just a 3’x2′.  My bases are really a bit deep, being 60mm x 30mm for a single unit, really they should be more like 60mm x 15mm, except for some of the Tercios.  So the troops should perhaps be cramped into a smaller depth.  In most of these TYW battles this hasn’t mattered, but it did in this one since not only is it not a big battlefield for the number of troops there, they are somewhat canalized by the terrain.  I guess if TYW began to predominate over WotTK in my thinking, I might rebase them, but that isn’t going to happen for a while, if ever.

I used the Light Cavalry from the Baccus’ Poles in the GNW range.  They painted up as Bethlan Gabor’s lot reasonably well.  To differentiate, I used a few Napoleonic Cossacks for the real Poles on the Imperial side.

https://hereticalgaming.blogspot.co.uk/

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Thanks Hwiccee, appreciate that.

I have known for a while I need more horse, so not a problem related to the rules. It simply reflects where my painting enthusiasm met the bucket of cold water of my rule experiments. I now feel revived by ToDR!

Whirlwind – thought it must be small, sorry – bijou.

My figures are also over deep – 80mm x 40mm. I have no intention of rebasing unless some major problem arises – I rebased this lot a while back – the pike and shot were on separate bases before and I really don’t fancy doing that again in a hurry!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.