Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Battletech full terrain non hexed games

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wow, I didn’t see anything about full terrain non-hexed Battletech here on the forums. Myself am a Demo Agent with Catalyst games Labs located in Orange County California. I ran full-scale non-hexed games at local stores and conventions for years. I took a 3-year break and now just re-upped as an Agent. Here you can see a link to one of my videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLrT-RYtfvo

Where if you play do you play at in store at a convention or at home.And do you play hexed or not?

There is no such thing as a Dead Game as long as there is two playing it.

Well good to hear about your gaming experiences. It’s hard to imagine Battletech is about 30+ years old. I myself started playing it back in 1986 and never truly stopped. Fasa went out of business almost 20 years ago hard to believe. The game bounced around from Fasa to Fanpro,to Wizkids till finally to Catalyst Games labs. It is huge again and has two completely different versions the classic style skirmish game you remember.And now Alpha Strike a fast paced large scale full terrain non-hexed mass armies game. As well as a set of rules for the classic version to be played without maps. That’s what I ran at our local club and in stores and conventions. At one time I had over 300+ players listed under my Agent #366. I have lots of pictures but not sure how to upload them in JPG format here.

Just since you haven’t seen or heard what the game has become you just for fun might want to check out the Offical Website http://bg.battletech.com/new-to-the-board-game/ you can even download quickstart rules as PDF just to look at. Yes, the Term is now called Agents but many of us were also Commando’s in the days.

Glad to hear from you and wish you well. I also, by the way, play historicals as well.

There is no such thing as a Dead Game as long as there is two playing it.

Mike
    Keymaster

I have lots of pictures but not sure how to upload them in JPG format here.

Hi.
    Upload them to a file sharing site such as Photobucket or similar.
    Once that is done, copy the URL from the file sharing site and click on the IMG button in the toolbar and paste in the images URL and hey presto.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.