Home Forums Medieval Bauge 1421

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Scots commander, the Earl of Buchan,

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Nicely done, the heraldry is particularly effective.

Blog at : http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Thanks for the comment Mick.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

That’s uncanny, I’ve just taken a commission to paint a load of Heraldry.

My whoring and daubing:
    http://olicanalad.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

You have my best wishes and sympathy 🙂  Having said that, it was a fascinating exercise researching it for the whole force.

Participant

Nice work.  I have been doing nothing but painting heraldry for the last 6 months it seems.  It is a lot of fun to research and also to add lib on the caparisons in relation to the shield designs.

Allen

Participant

I’m glad I don’t  do 28mm – I never could do that heraldry! Very well done.

Participant

Thanks guys.  I was dumb enough to let myself in for three DBA armies’ worth, the good flags are I hasten to add printed not painted!

The English;

The French;

Gave up medievals after that 😉

Participant

Bottled it on the flags, eh? When I painted my Medieval Polish 25mm (one of the two 25mm armies I possess, the other being Mongols), I vowed I would never paint 25mm heraldry again. So far so good, but I’ve done it in 10mm instead! Still a lot easier though.

Blog at : http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

Absolutely, I know my limitations

I thought the whole nightmare was over but foolishly decided to do both sides at Flodden in 10mm; hand-painted the bits on the figures but still printed the flags!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.