Home Forums General General Beach Terrain

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone have any advice as to how I might do some generic beach terrain suitable for Europe?  For space and compatibility reasons, I can’t do modular terrain tiles, it will have to be discrete items that go on top of my mat.

Participant

Depends upon how detailed/realistic you want it to be.  I’m content with a strip of suitably coloured cloth that sits on top of my battle mat.  I’m not investing a fortune in something that might only get used once or twice a year.

Play is what makes life bearable - Michael Rosen

I’m with deephorse, you’re not likely to be using it again so go with the most convienient way to model it. If you’re looking for smaller strip of shore, sprinkling a line of modeling sand could work but potentially very messy.

Hills and cliffs if you have them could also be used to represent sand dunes and rocky beaches.

Participant

A strip of blue cloth, painted to give a surf effect. Sand sprinkled on it to give you your beach,  landside painted and flocked to match your table.

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Participant

I agree, for simplicity and economy strips of sandy. colored cloth is the way to go. You could scatter that cloth with sand or fine gravel to improve the texture and could build elevation under your mat with something thin and subtle—dish towels maybe–to create the upward slope of the beach.

Participant

Clingy felt cloth in a sandy coloured finish……another strip in blue/grey for the sea……getting onto,across and off the strip of death is the idea so unless you’re ‘skirmishing’ the opening scenes of Saving Private Ryan, the beach won’t be centre stage………

Then of course you’ll need beach obstacles and wife entanglements………

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

Participant

What material do you use for wife entanglements?

(Asking for a friend)

Participant

What material do you use for wife entanglements? (Asking for a friend)

Well padded, easy release handcuffs or thick silk chord. Don’t forget a safe word!

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.