Home Forums WWII Best Source For 15mm Early WWII Soviet Infantry?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rod Robertson
    Participant

To the Wise and Worldly of TWW:

I’m looking for 15mm figures for the Soviet Red Army to use in 1939 Poland, The Winter War and Baltic States Invasions of 1940 and the first year or two of the Great Patriotic War. I am looking for troops with the M-36 or M-39 helmet or the conical fur/felt cap. Adrian helmets would be good too. I have the Peter Pig Soviet Infantry in Great Coats but I wonder if the Peter Pig Russian WWI and RCW troops would be usable for this time period. I have also cast around for SCW Republicans to see if they are close enough to proxy for what I’m looking for. Idealy I would like to get my hands on great coat infantry in conical felt hats and summer battle dress infantry in M-36 helmets. Has anyone got any ideas for me? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson

kyoteblue
    Participant

All my Soviets are Battlefront so no Idea….

Rod Robertson
    Participant

Kyoteblue:

Battlefront does make a strelkovy (rifle) platoon in great coats with the conical felt caps, but the box lacks prone LMG teams, Maxim teams, ATR teams and the proper command figures. Worst case I’ll mix them with Peter Pig WWI and RCW minis to fill in the gaps as best As I can. The PP figures will likely seem diminutive beside the Battlefront ones. Sigh. But Early Soviet infantry in summer battledress and early helmets is a much harder nut to crack. I’m getting nowhere on that.

Cheers and keep up with the Cobras and Hinds.

Rod Robertson.

PS. I am enjoying your Team Yankee FB group.

kyoteblue
    Participant

You are welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.