Home Forums Modern BF Team Yankee 15mm US Mech Platoon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

All,

Well, I’m officially sick of myself… After photographing these troops I went to put them away and discovered I’m out of storage space. Which is a clear indicator that I’ve gone way too far with my 15mm ‘side’ project. A quick rundown of my 15mm forces is on the blog.

Anyway, I wanted a US force in temperate (Woodland) for the 90s; I really wanted some of the ‘old’ QRF Modern US infantry, but I’ve had a hard time securing some, so I went with Battlefront’s new US Mechanized Infantry for Team Yankee. Good, crisp sculpts with no flash; I have some issues with some of the poses, but in aggregate they look great and I’m happy to have them. Having said that, if any of you out in internet land have between 20 and 30 old QRF US infantry lying around, I’d love to get my hands on them. I’ll trade you these guys (not trying to get rid of them, it’s just that I only need one US 90s era platoon in woodland camo), or I’ll pay cash, then have to offload these on Kyote 😉

The whole group, 27 troops. There are two officer looking figures, two RTOs, four Dragon gunners, four M-203 grenadiers, three SAW gunners, and the rest are riflemen with M-16A2s (four also carry M-72 LAWs). You see I did them up with some brown dirt and grass on the bases, and they’re all in 80s/90s-era US Woodland cammies with PASGT helmets, flak jackets, and H-harnesses (which always cracked me up, they’re actually a Y-harness, but for some reason we called them H-harnesses). To see all the photos, please check the blog at:
    http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/01/bf-team-yankee-15mm-us-mech-platoon.html

I really hope I didn’t come off as too grumpy, they’re really good troops and I’m happy to have them. I think the issues are 1) I’m used to truly exceptional stuff from Battlefront, and 2) I’ve got a certain amount of ‘this is how it should look’ and desire for them to be perfect as these guys are from a time I was actually in the military, wearing and carrying that stuff.

I’ve been a busy little beaver; I still haven’t played any games, but I finished these, QRF US desert infantry (up next), Peter Pig VC, and some Rebel Minis civilians and government agent types.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

Just Jack:

You are a painting machine! Well done, sir! No time to go into further detail so you will have to wait for my usual dose of obsequious fawning and toadying until my workload abates.

Cheers and good gaming.

Rod Robertson.

Participant

Oh Jack, If I ended up with them I would have to rebase them on the FOW bases. And I need 2 platoons and I know I would never be able to paint as well as you have…I’m old and my eyes and hands just are not up to it any more….
    Now play a damned game so I have an AAR to read !!!!
    Oh and you know you want to do Guadalcanal…….

Participant

Rod – Thanks man, and hope you find some time to relax and game soon.

John – Quit your complaining and find me more troops!  Hey, they’re good looking figures and I’m glad to have them, I just like those ‘old’ QRF guys.  And The Canal is coming man; I’ve already primed my Marines, waiting on the Japanese, they’ll be here tomorrow, and I’ve got an M-3 Stuart for the Gyrenes on back order.

V/R,
    Jack

Participant

If I had them I would send them in a heart beat…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.