Home Forums General General Blacktree Design…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Never dealt with ’em till recently, has this company got previous for ropey customer service?
    They took a payment from me on 11th of this month for a couple of Doctor Who Figures, since then nothing with two e-mails requesting a delivery date, cocked a complete deaf ‘un.
    I’m a tad underwhelmed with these clowns.

"Wot did you do in the war Grandad?"

"I was with Harry... At The Bridge!"

Participant

has this company got previous for ropey customer service?

Yes. But clowns rather than cons. You’ll get it, but it may take yonks.

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Participant

A certain other gaming website, that may contain the letters M, P and T, has lots of posts by unhappy Blacktree Design customers 😉

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Yep, I now a lot more about ’em now than I did yesterday…

none of it good!!!

Participant

Sometimes they do okay,  I’ve actually had good experience with them.

Participant

I think the longest I waited was about four months – and don’t expect any updates or other comms to be forthcoming – that said, they always get there in the end….. deffo clowns not cons (at least via the U.K. website), just forget you ordered, and be nicely surprised when the figs pop out sometime in the near-ish future…..

I know, I know, no way to run a business, but the Dr Who figs are too good to resist…..

No good mate, I needed the figure for the ‘Ructions at Bell-End’ game we’re playing this time next week…

So it’s…

Option A… Postpone the ‘Ructions at Bell-End’ game till Crimbo 2020

Option F… Fook Blacktree and tell ’em to shove their toys where the sun don’t shine

I’ve gone with F and ordered the figures from fleabay.

Participant

I would have gone with option F too.
    In the past ordered heaps from them – always turned up but the last year or so they have had lots of problems

Got mi’ money back off the bastards… RESULT!!!

Participant

They seem to have scrapped most of their ancients which is a pity. I dealt with them late last year and had no problems. Well it took several weeks but that seems to be the norm and their delivery times were about average compared to other companies.

At least they’re still functioning, unlike Renegade.

Participant

There is no excuse for poor delivery of items purchased for a retailer, in the 70′, 80’s and 90’s delivery times were slower than now.  That was due to the time took in sending a letter for a catalogue, waiting for the return, you sending of the order, waiting for a cheque to clear, waiting for the return of your items.  Today with the internet order and payment are instantaneous, if the item is in stock and does not to be cast or specially made, 3 days delivery is the norm in the UK.

Example I ordered an item from Ian Hinds on Monday this week at 1400 and it arrived at my house Tuesday 1100 fantastic service, bought an item of ebay on Thursday arrived my house Saturday.  So it is possible to provide speedy and efficient service if you can be bothered.

I order items from firms that need casting and they give me a time scale for production, then email me with an invoice.  So we both know where we stand, it is all about good communications.

Participant

My experience is that it takes a week before the order is even sent. That’s a week after payment has been confirmed. I even had a shop do this once as their site was not accurate and an item I’d ordered wasn’t in stock  – they didn’t bother telling me this, they were waiting for the item to arrive before sending out the order – I cancelled the non-existent item and got my order sent finally two weeks after paying for it. Then postage can take up to a month.

I really don’t get the delays given that private sellers on ebay can ship things around the world faster than many of these supposed businesses.

Warlord Games was one of the longest wait times, Hasslefree wasn’t much better, Northstar was okay but still took time processing. That’s when you appreciate the turnaround times for a company like Games Workshop.

Participant

Considering how large the ranges that Black Tree have it would be impossible to stock everything. They then need to find a place in the queue to get items cast before they can even think about posting them out. I’ve always had good service from them but you do have to be patient.

Ebay sellers generally have items sitting on the shelf ready to pack.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.