Home Forums Nordic Weasel Games Sci-fi / Fantasy Blast Pistol Gameplay Video

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jason Smith
    Participant

Fire and explosions everywhere! I recorded a session of “Blast Pistol” gameplay

I hope you enjoy it!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Jason Smith.
    Mike
    Keymaster

It is out of range but in cover?
    Are shots beyond range at a penalty in that case?

cmnash
    Participant

Great video – really liked it; thanks for posting here, would never have known about it otherwise

Jason Smith
    Participant

Yes, Mike. Unless a special rule says otherwise, you can shoot anything you can see. I guess I should have said “long range” then. The main modifiers are cover (yes/no) +2, range (yes/no) +1 and the attacker’s Ranged Score.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Jason Smith.
    Jason Smith
    Participant

Thanks, cmnash! The whole point of making these videos is to share them, so I’m glad it got to you. I know in the past that I’ve scoured the YouTubes, looking for gameplay videos of some of the less known games with little luck. So now that I’ve figured out how to make my own instead, I get to contribute to the community! ๐Ÿ™‚

telzy amber
    Participant

Great video and the one on Starport Scum too.

I liked this one better of the two.
    Starport Scum seemed one sided as our Heroes just chopped the bad guys up.

More importantly what did you think of the differences in game play?

Jason Smith
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. I flagged this at work and never got back to it. I think the big difference is that Blast Pistol feels more like a wargame, and Starport Scum feels more like an RPG combat system. In which case, it would make sense for the “heroes” to be a bit overpowered. Of course, sometimes that’s just the way the dice fall. I’m now looking forward to NWG’s “Unity Field Agent”, but in the meantime, my next video will be an example of Brent Spivey’s “Rogue Planet”.

telzy amber
    Participant

Hey Jason thank you for responding.

Perhaps it’s just me but most great Nordic Weasel Games seem to be, at least slightly, rpg like. I mean any skirmish game is to some extent, or it least is when I play :-/ And these days most of my games are solitaire.

I look forward to seeing “Rogue Planet”

Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

I missed this post somehow ๐Ÿ™

We always aim for at least a little bit of RPG feeling. My big passion is that overlap between wargames and roleplaying games.
    Starport definitely was meant to feel like a roleplaying game, on the tabletop, for better and for worse.

Regarding Starport Scum, when I get a chance to work on it again, one of the things I want to introduce is Difficulty Settings, letting players customize the game more to be easier or harder.

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.