Home Forums General Conventions and Shows Blast-Tastic! 2017

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Angel Barracks

So the footfall at BT16 was down on the previous year, which is not good news for the people that came to sell stuff and earn a living.
    However, the people putting on and playing in the games seemed to have a great day out.

So I have had a think about the show, including the costs from my point of view in terms of both time, money, effort and stress and have decided to downscale the show and change the purpose.
    It was until now a regular show with only sci-fi stuff there as opposed to most shows which have a bit of everything.

What I am going to try now is for it to be more focused on allowing small sci-fi companies to showcase their games and invite you to come along and play them, and speak to the game designers in person.

So there will be small sci-fi companies there putting on games with their own products for you to try out.
    You can talk to the actual designers and makers of the models in the flesh and pick their brains/chat as you play.
    Plus as well as showing you their great games/rules/models they will have some stock there on the day too for you to buy if you like what you play.

There will be some games that are not hosted by companies too.

I want to make it about sci-fi gaming, and sharing the joy of the genre.

It will be much smaller, with about 10 games to take part in.
    But that I think may work just as well if not better.

After all, what do sci-fi wargamers like doing if not playing sci-fi wargames!

Blast-Tastic! 2017

greg954
    Participant

I’ll try and make this one! If able to of course.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.