Home Forums General Board Games and Card Games Block Mania

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Keymaster

Friday night is Games Night at TWW HQ.
    Editor Sam and I just played Block Mania, we got a few things wrong so have decided to play it some more until we know what we are doing!

Anyway, this is the state of play at the end, it may not mean too much unless you are familiar with the game:

photo DSCF3661_zps38e729f2.jpg

photo DSCF3663_zps1eb6271f.jpg

photo DSCF3664_zps584535f2.jpg

Tel
    Participant

Now that’s a blast from the past. Use to play this decades ago when at 6th form.

Think we played the expansion which allowed for 4 blocks wrapping round on themselves. But we rarely played the endgame Judges intervention correctly, just preferring to carry on with cascading destruction.

That game and little box Illuminati were staples in our group. Steve Jackson Games is still pootling along, but not sure what became of the Block Mania lot.

(Is there an official sarcasm font\tag for this forum? )

Tel's Kingdom - The Blog
    Mike
    Keymaster

Bonkers, I used to play Mega Mania in the 6th form too!

Blackhat
    Participant

I’ve been playing this a bit as well.

My next boardgame project, once the Heroquest one is done, is to make a 3d Block Mania board- I’ve been slowly collecting 2000AD miniatures and other suitable figures for it…

Mike

Black Hat Miniatures -
    http://www.www.blackhat.co.uk/

Mike
    Keymaster

We demand pics of the Block Mania board!

Blackhat
    Participant

I’ll post a WIP once I get started – I am thinking of building it into a pasting table with each side one of the blocks as they don’t need a lot of depth to the rooms…

Black Hat Miniatures -
    http://www.www.blackhat.co.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.