Home Forums General Blogs Blog composition question

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Weathersby
    Participant

For a little over a year now, my blog (https://mymodelsailingships.blogspot.com) has focused on my 1/1200 Napoleonic sailing ships.  Clearly, given the blog title, that’s not much of a surprise.  Now though, I’m thinking about starting to look at some of the other periods I game in.  These other periods don’t bear any relation to my sailing ships, although one of them can have a naval component.

The blog subtitle does say “and other game things that attract my attention.”  My question here then, is: Should I just put new pages entitled “Other Gaming Items: XXX” on this blog, or should I start another blog that focuses on these other periods?

EDIT:  I posted this question on the blog as well, along with a poll.   If you want, drop by the blog and make your opinion known there, as you don’t even have to leave a comment.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Brian Weathersby. Reason: Mentioned poll on the blog

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Mike
    Keymaster

I would keep the same site, and add the extra page/section.

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Mike,

That’s kind of what I’m leaning towards, just because it would be easier that way.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Mike
    Keymaster

Exactly, plus your followers are already there who will no doubt stay, plus you may get new people come for the new stuff and then see the old stuff, and then the current followers will see the new stuff.

Oh, definitely an extra page on your existing blog. Two separate blogs makes it look like one has been abandoned if you’re working on projects that get posted to the other blog.

Self taught, persistently behind the times, never up to date. AKA ~ jeff
    More verbosity: http://petiteguerre.blogspot.com/

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Jeff,

I had not thought about that, but it does make sense!

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Mike,

I hadn’t thought about it in that much detail.  You’re right though, it would provide crossover, or synergy, or whatever the marketing majors call it now.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

MartinR
    Participant

Agree with the comments above, keep it all in one place. Split sites are really confusing for your followers.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Brian Weathersby
    Participant

Martin,

That is what the people who have posted comments over at the blog have said as well.

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    --Warren Zevon

Thuseld
    Participant

My blog is called Tales of an Inexperienced Modelmaker. That was 5 years ago and I think I have come along nicely, but can’t change the title. Wouldn’t be that difficult though as I only have like 27 followers. But I would stick with the original title if I were you. Just make sure you tag new blog posts with relevant tags and you will be okay.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.