Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Blood and stuff on models

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Back when I was a boy I used to paint blood on my fantasy figures, dripping off swords, splattered on armour, in wounds etc.
    I find myself not doing that anymore…

Did you used to do this, do you still?

Participant

Back when I was a boy there were no fantasy figures!  It was notuntil Minifigs, Citadel and Asgard (maybe couple of others) made or imported fantasy figures for Lord of the Rings and Dragon magazine promoted D&D that fantasy really arrived. Until then historicals got fantasy treatment – 25mm Normans got black faces to be orcs (Goblins were 20mm figures). later medievals became Gondor, various Huns and Late Romans became Rohirrim etc.

And no.  No blood on the swords.

Participant

You mean like this:

and this:

and as for my Blood Bowl stuff it would be rude not to have a splash of claret here and there:

Then yes, but mainly on fantasy stuff or casualty markers, and not excessively

My attempt at a Blog: http://ablogofwar.blogspot.co.uk/

Participant

I ruined a gladiator arena once with blood, painted it perfect and then opened up a paint artery in one of the corners.  It looks good in moderation for sure.

Participant

My old Marx plastic army men had two German and two American casualties that I painted a little blood on, but until recently, I never painted blood on gaming figures.  I’m pretty sure that the first time I ever did that was on some Vietnam casualtie figs late summer, last year.  Never did the sword thing on my D&D figs.

Participant

As above; lately only on casualty figures.  Though there are some Cthulu mythos creatures that will have some gore upon their talons if I ever get around to painting them…

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.