Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Boreas give away!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

I will be having an operation soon and will be unable to work, but I still want to be part of the hobby so whilst I recover and to keep my spirits high I offer you the chance to win an Ali-minium style Boreas. Just write a comment in THIS topic about what you would do with it if you win, is it tank carrier, repair bay, etc? You write me something interesting and I will pick a winner.

Boreas 11cm length mega tank in terms of 6mm

Ali-minium: Aluminium powder added to resin

contact me via : [email protected]
    http://www.sayinermicrotoys.com/

Raymond Webster
    Participant

It would make a great field HQ for your army, with the back section used as a helipad or UAV launchpad.

Either that or convert one into an armed Arctic exploration vehicle, for travelling far from civilisation and performing research! A dinghy or motor launch in the back, maybe a crane.

Angel Barracks

I would have it all crashed and listing on its side.
    It would be long since crippled and will have been taken over by some Junkers.
    They will have added lean to’s and scaffolding, made structures around it and covered the bay to make a sort of market area.
    A little settlement in the Badlands.

But, even that has been abandoned, something drove the Junkers off, or worse, killed them?

Now, it is a once former glory of its once former glory.

An overgrown reminder of a war long forgotten, reclaimed by nature…

Robey Jenkins
    Participant

I’d write a supplement for Horizon Wars allowing players to take superheavy tanks with transport bays.  No, wait.  I already did that!  Damn.

Well, in honour of the fact that it looks a bit like a hovercraft, I’d use it to playtest and illustrate my rules for landing craft and other “routes to battle” that I’m writing rules for at the moment to go into the Operation Plantagenet expansion.  I love the idea of this baby ploughing up a beach, laying down brutal firepower on enemy positions before going firm and unleashing a P3 mech from the back to go stomping further up the beachhead.

Mr. Average
    Participant

I’d use it as a superheavy battle transport carrying a company of 3mm scale United Nations Heavy Armor, making an amphibious attack across the Baltic Sea in the First Upheaval, to support the beleaguered Latvian Army.

Tony LaManna
    Participant

I’d make this an amphibious assault unit for my Battletech force. I’d mount 6mm infantry on plasticard cut to fit the bay for when it’s transporting a platoon. The rest of the time, I would either use it as a landing craft for delivering tanks or vehicle units to the front, or for delivering a MASH unit into a hot zone. I don’t think the back would be big enough to add a VTOL unit, but it could be modified to be a drone carrier, or a supply vehicle (cargo container could be scratch built to fit in the back). – Tony

Gaz045
    Participant

I would have to remove the turret and replace it with a command ‘bridge’……after all such ‘super weapons’ were declared illegal by the Sol Treaty of Armament Limitation and Deployment (STALD).

So it would become my MASH unit, reasonable protection, mobility and fast with easy access loading bay for field amblances….

"Even dry tree bark is not bitter to the hungry squirrel"

PatG
    Participant

I would use it as a foundation of a 6mm army for the Old Striker rules. I can see many other purchases that would have to be made from you. The main use of course would be to justify these purchases to my lovely wife. I won the big expensive piece so I only need to by a few more things….

😉

Gavin Syme
    Participant

I would add it to the ranks of many makers of miniatures over the years I have collected.  I would put your name upon it to remember where it came from and when asked I would tell this tale of you and it.  This is not an easy industry to be in and often ranges just vanish.  I do not expect to win but I wanted to wish you all the best.

GBS

http://www.15mm.co.uk  www.theionage.com  www.alternative-armies.com

I am the creative manager of Alternative Armies and the creator of 15mmcouk and the new Ion Age. Always happy to talk wargaming!

William Jones
    Participant

I see it as one of a number of siege assault guns.  The fins in the back shelter an organic complement of armored combat engineers.  I see specialized units of these operating under the aegis of top tier houses and a central government with tenuous control.  They operate in a universe which is about two parts Dune, and one part Hammer’s Slammers.

Lawrence Boester
    Participant

This would be the brand new Sockmonkeymobile…

Make it quick, will ya'?

My 'Mech is double parked...

Brandon Fero
    Participant

Amphibious assault craft for the Heavy Gear Universe. It’s 12mm, but it’d fit perfectly with the tanks and Gears of Terra Nova.

Also, really hoping that your operation goes well, man. Prayers up. Here’s to you coming out safe and sound, and healing swiftly.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Brandon Fero.
    Stroezie
    Participant

I’d add a control bridge, some smaller defence turrets and a crane to the rear bay to aid in maintenance and recovery.

Then I’d scratch build a second similar vehicle, load one with some GZG not-votoms hound dogs and the other with some fatties and use them as land battleships with mecha fighter screens to play desert landship battles.

Ok, now I really want one…

Oh Ali you sneaky bastard..😜

If you like small scale skirmish, check out http://planetares6.blogspot.be/?m=0

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Hey!

I’m alive and upcoming Friday I will explain who won the Boreas. Plus I will choose one as I desire and one will be random. So two Boreas will be given. Thank you who participate!

PatG
    Participant

So very glad to hear you made it through – best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Hear hear! Heal up fast, Ali!

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Good morning everybody. I’m getting better everyday. Your messages really helped me.

Now,

Winner is Gary Richards. Contact me: [email protected]

I told you there will be a second winner. I will write names of all participants except Gary Richards and pick a random name.

Tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you all 🙂

PatG
    Participant

Congrats Gary

Gaz045
    Participant

Well that’s a turn up for the books, most unexpected, I was taken by the recovery/drone carrier idea…….

Cheers Ali!

Mr. Average
    Participant

Not saying I wouldn’t have liked one myself, but Gary’s idea is really interesting! I look forward to seeing it!

Glad you seem to be on the mend, Ali!

Ali Dogan Sayiner
    Participant

Second winner by chance, Brandon Fero !

Brandon Fero
    Participant

So I wanted to share having received my Boreas.

Heavy Gear figures for size comparison.

Next to the new MHT-95 by Heavy Gear's plastic starter set for the Earth forces (CEF).

Angel Barracks

Pretty big, pretty sweet too.

Gaz045
    Participant

Here’s the Personnel Recovery/Assistance Mobile Unit …PRAMU ….with two Dust-Off lifters……

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Gaz045.

Gaz045
    Participant

Gaz045
    Participant

Mike
    Keymaster

Can’t see the pictures, the image URLs appear to be to your MS Office account?

Gaz045
    Participant

Experiencing technical difficulties!!

Rhoderic
    Participant

Experiencing technical difficulties!!

If only you had something that could provide recovery/assistance…  

Gaz045
    Participant

Ho hum!

Rhoderic
    Participant

Ah, I see the photos now. Great work! Looking at this I suddenly find the military ambulance / MASH theme in miniature surprisingly appealing. It conveys the implication that there is more to the world being modelled and gamed than just a lot of front-line combatants killing each other. My mind is beginning to fill in the blanks, picturing the surrounding terrain and even the people milling about inside of the vehicle.

The flying ambulances are a good touch, they bring a sense of activity.

Darkest Star Games
    Participant

That is a brilliant flavor piece Gary, very nicely done!

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Gaz045
    Participant

I’m reasonably pleased with the result, followed the original MASH idea, olive green with traditional red on white crosses,not too dirty as it has ‘dust-off’ configuration….it was meant to be numbered 4077 too but I couldn’t get decals to work\fit……..toying with a mobile workshop/recovery version too, that would also be stripped of its mega gun but fitted with some ciws and missile pods…….and a crane……both units would ‘fit’ with my French Legion armoured task force…..

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.