Home Forums Fantasy General Fantasy Bring me Prince Valiant's head!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rhoderic
    Participant

Please excuse an annoyingly “small details” type request, but in advance for a minor project I’d like to do at some later point, I’m looking for a 28mm figure with a head that could pass for Prince Valiant’s. This is assuming figures of the man himself don’t exist (I’ve never found one, excepting one I’ve seen a picture of that I believe is a conversion), nor separate heads of young, clean-shaven men with the signature haircut.

I’ve had a soft spot in my heart for the Prince Valiant stories since childhood (it’s why I beelined for WHFB Bretonnians when I first discovered miniatures wargaming). It would be a fun little project, if I could capture the anachronistic “old-timey Arthurian fantasy” style of it well enough through conversions and careful figure selections. Pulpy dinosaur-dragons and other monsters should be easy enough to source.

EDIT: Slight muddle-up as I first posted this in Medieval without really thinking about it. The post started as a request for figures with page-boy haircuts but then I rambled on into fantasy territory. I asked Mike to relocate the thread.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Mike.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Rhoderic.
    Geof Downton
    Participant

How about this?

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?products_id=2833

When I first saw it I thought that he resembled Prince Valiant…

One who puts on his armour should not boast like one who takes it off.
    Ahab, King of Israel; 1 Kings 20:11

Alan Hamilton
    Participant

He has almost feminine features in many illustrations so I may have a suitable head from the plastic Warlord female survivors.  Let me know if it is any use,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.