Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic Buildings for 18mm?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Just acquired some 18mm Napoleonics from Wofun Games. The figures fit on 3x2cm bases and I’ve got a Tiny Wargames mat with hexes on that will hold 1 base at a time.

I’ve been thinking about buildings. Any suggestions welcome on a manafacturer and should I go for models that ‘represent’ a farm or plan on using buildings that cover a realistic amount of ground. I’m thinking the latter will be quite large?

Grateful for any advice – new to this.

Participant

I would use 20mm buildings, but they may look too big depending on the ground scale of the rules you use.

Participant

For my 15mm figures, my favorites are 10mm buildings from Paper Terrain. Each buidling comes with a ruined version that fits inside. Lift off the intact one after a number of turns of combat. Or have twice as many buildings, some wrecked.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Participant

For 1-1 skirmish level games I use same-scale buildings

For everything else I use buildings that are 1 size smaller ie for 10mm games I use 6mm buildings

Participant

I use 6mm buildings with my 15mm stuff. Timecast, Hovels or home made.

Sub scale is just more in keeping with the ground scale, unless you are doing skirmish where the figure and ground scale are the same.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Participant

Here are some photo’s of WOFUN 18mm WSS with 1/87, HO model railway buildings.  They work if you call a house a small village.

An old Airfix building.

Participant
    Participant
    Participant

Many thanks for all the replies and links. I’ll go for the ‘down-a-scale’ approach to get villages etc represented on the table.

Participant

I am of the same thought Philip, going into town tomorrow to my local railway model shop to see what N gauge second hand buildings they have.

Participant

Here are some photo’s of the building I am using for my Wofun 18mm figures, (I know they are not Napoleonic).  I was going to buy some N gauge building but at £12 starting price, I got Peter Dennis castle assault for £6 so scanned the houses and shrunk 50% and printed on thin card.

Participant

That Airfix building is a classic.  Takes you from pointy sticks to the near future.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.