Home Forums Renaissance Cabasset-morion is not morion

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Paskal
    Spectator

Hello everyone,

I am looking for 25 / 30mm heads wearing helmets of the cabasset- morion type (not morion, but cabasset- morion) please you know a manufactory proposing this, thank you.

Paskal

• This topic was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Paskal.
    General Slade
    Participant

There is a billman in the Perry Border Reivers range that comes with three head options including one in a cabasset.  I don’t know whether you can buy the heads separately though.

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_42_44&products_id=1720

Paskal
    Spectator

Thank you but it’s a 40mm figure and cabasset is not cabasset-morion…Let’s continue to look for this must exist …

Not Connard Sage
    Participant

Let’s cut to the chase

Thank you but it’s a 40mm figure and cabasset is not cabasset-morion…Let’s continue to look for this must exist …

Well to save everyone else wasting their time looking for you, why don’t YOU post a pic of what you consider to be a ‘cabasset-morion’ and we’ll see won’t we?

"I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad. It's... depressing."

Paskal
    Spectator

Cabasset is not cabasset-morion,also sae connard ,If you do not know what it is,
    do not help me

http://www.musee-armee.fr/collections/base-de-donnees-des-collections/objet/defense-de-tete-de-type-morion-cabasset-vers-1570.html

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Paskal.

Isn’t that a type of over-bred French ratting dog?

We get slapped around, but we have a good time!

Paskal
    Spectator

@Thaddeus Blanchette,

No, no , at the time it’s a type of over-bred English ratting dog …

look at the picture of the link,and you may understand the difference between morions, cabassets – morions  and cabassets …

https://www.outfit4events.com/czk/product/8407-morion-cabasset/

willz
    Participant

Not this then 

willz
    Participant

Are these any good from Bicorne Miniatures

willz
    Participant

willz
    Participant

If they are not exactly what you want try using green stuff. muliput and a modelling knife.

https://www.bicorne.net/acatalog/English-Civil-War-Heads.html

Paskal
    Spectator

@ Willz,

You are mistaken period, besides the actor is English, as his equipment and the film and it is noticeable

But it is incredible that on such a forum nobody knows how to make the difference between morions, cabassets – morions and cabassets

Always the same problem, the people are in the most interested cases only by the game, not the unifomology or even the history

Alas you bicornes helmeted heads are not good but fortunately since my last post I found 28 mm heads of English riders wearing morions, cabassets and not morions or cabassets

willz
    Participant

… Fortunately since my last post I found 28 mm heads of English riders wearing morions, cabassets and not morions or cabassets

Please share the manufacturer Paskal.

Paskal
    Spectator

I do not know it I know only that it is about separate heads that come from figurines which date from the end of the 70’s or the beginning of the 80’s ?

Whoever brought them to me does not know any more, but it’s really cabasset-morion ! What differences with the morions or cabassets, genial !

This time again I was really lucky, by beating myself, I always find!

Someone told me that Redoubt Enterprises and the assault group did too ?

Guy Farrish
    Participant

Well that’s what the Met (and I!) think it is – and I don’t know of anyone selling separate 25/28mm heads so clad.

I used to have some Redoubt Spaniards that had these helmets, but they are long gone and their heads were firmly attached to their bodies.

[Edit – I don’t mean Redoubt are long gone! I mean I sold the figures years ago – wish I hadn’t actually – as you were.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 12 months ago by Guy Farrish.
    Paskal
    Spectator

Guy,Should you ask one of your old british wargamers fellow citizen  who made figures with separate heads in the late 70s or early 80s ?

Here we found, it is a British factory that only manufactured and sold 25/28 mm heads and went bankrupt after three months in 1982 and was called ‘Little Head Miniatures’.

zippyfusenet
    Participant

Little Head Miniatures? Rilly?

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Paskal
    Spectator

Not Little Head Video, but Little Head Miniatures … Little Head Video also exist ? I did not know …
    This makes a lot of little heads on…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.