Home Forums Modern Campaign stuff for my upcoming rules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ivan Sorensen
    Participant

Work progresses on my platoon level modern rules and I wanted to talk a little about the campaign parts.

What I am envisioning is that you’ll have tables to roll on after each battle to determine the consequences in the big picture. The generic one will be a “Battle Progress” table which will tell you how the overall war effort is going at each step of the campaign.

More interestingly, there’ll be some campaign specific ones that you can use, depending on which type of campaign it is:

Hearts and Minds for occupation type of campaigns against an insurgency.

Domino Theory for battles against ideological enemies in a region.

Liberation for forces fighting for independence from occupiers or foreign invaders.

And most interestingly the Escalation table,for cold war gone hot. Rather than tell you how the war is going overall, this tells you how the war is being escalated or de-escalated. Are there peace talks being conducted or are we ready to let the nukes fly?

Tying it all together will be some basic ideas on character progression for squad leaders and I’d love to add a “political demands” system where you may be tasked with doing or avoiding certain things, for arbitrary political reasons “back home”.

What do you guys say?

Nordic Weasel Games
    https://www.wargamevault.com/browse/pub/5701/Nordic-Weasel-Games?src=browse5701

kyoteblue
    Participant

I would be interested .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.