Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Cased Colors? Yes/No?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m looking for opinions here. Does it ever look good or even make sense to model a unit with cased colors?

I ask because I can’t find flags I like for all of my regiments, so I’m looking to this as a possible solution. I could mold the case from putty and place the finial on top.

I’m assuming that the cases were made from similar material as waterproof shako covers, so I’d paint them accordingly.

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline

Participant

Nah. Flags are pretty! See how they flutter! The more the merrier.

What regiments can’t you find colours for?

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Oh, I agree. I prefer the way they look.

I’m looking for some specific flags from the Mexican-American war. I need one for the US Mounted Rifles Regiment and a regimental flag for an artillery unit marching as infantry. I suppose I could use generic national flags. Some cavalry standards for both sides might also be nice.

Participant

If you have the references for the flags you want, speak to Stuart at Maverick and ask him if he’d be willing to print some for you.  He’s very obliging, and a pleasure to do business with.

http://www.maverick-models.com/flags.htm

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Thanks so much for the link! I’ll send him an email.

Participant

And if not – fakem!

Participant

That’s what I was going to say…!

Participant

You’ve got to have a flag! See here to find out why….

Participant

You have to display flags, as said above if in doubt fake em.  Also have a full made up back story for your fake flags, it helps move the doubters on and stops criticism.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.